A reputable banking company is looking for Senior Business Analyst to be based in Singapore, on 6 months contract. The main purpose of the role is to ensure alignment with BCBS 239 principals via the integration of a data quality management framework (DQMF) to the platform. The framework will ensure that all system interactions take place within the context of defined data ownership with clear SLAs and OLAs between the relevant system. Data lineage from the point of entry into the FM landscape through to the final regulatory relevant reports.
- Work with key business stake holders to keep the list of Critical Reports maintained as the platform continues to expand to cover the full scope of both the Financial Markets business as well as the wider Commercial Balance Sheet.
- Negotiate SLAs/OLAs between the various system/component owners where gaps are identified or remediating such agreement when not up to the expected standard
- Work closely with developers to understand the dataflows between components of platform; the transformations applied, and the data quality controls implemented
- Translate the dataflows to standardised CDO compliant documentation
- Partner with the central FM data quality team to understand the standards applied and best practice across the FM landscape
- Keep the Singapore programme management and FM Data quality management team informed of progress towards full compliance
- Manage the overall delivery whilst guiding a less senior team member through the above tasks.
- We need to prove data environment for the platform therefore an in depth understanding of the dataflows for the lineage, market data components and calculations are needed.
What you'll need to succeed
- 8+ years hands on Business Analyst experience.
- A strong understanding of the data flows within Risk and Pricing Systems in an Investment Banking/Financial Markets Trading environment.
- Understanding of trade capture and market data in such an environment
- Market Risk methodology knowledge and/or quantitative finance understanding, experience working with analytics libraries, understanding of curve construction is a plus.
- Experience working with CDO (chief data officer) and/or CDO aligned teams is a plus.
- Prior experience as a developer and an ability to ‘read’ code would be beneficial.
- Looking for a strong Business Analyst with BCBS compliance background /or who has done BCBS 239 data project, in depth Front Office workflow and market risk knowledge (counter party credit risk on FO or capital market system would be great).
- Someone who is strong on documentation on calculation background from Front Office is great.
- Strong architectural awareness and an ability to understand a system front to back.
- Candidate in Front Office delivering data to market risk and know the risk calculation and analysis in Front Office will be great – particularly on counterparty credit risk.
- Strong stakeholder skills to negotiate SLAs/OLAs between components of a live/existing system
- This role is open to Singaporean and PR holder please state this in your CV.
What you'll get in return
The company does provide attractive remuneration for their employees. Besides that, you will have the opportunity to be part of a well-known banking company