- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 10 Sep 17
Senior Business Analyst (Contract)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.The Security Services Operations team consists of circa 900 staff providing operational services to Transaction Banking Securities Services clients across more than 50 markets. Focus of the role is specifically within Custody and Clearing Operations. Core functions in Custody & Clearing Operations include Settlements, Corporate Actions & Support Services covering functions such as static data, reporting & billing.
Custody & Clearing Group Operations own the global process standards for these functions, including the design of operational processes to meet new client / product / control demand, maintenance of global procedure standards and oversight of the process control environment. The role is a Senior Business Analysis who will manage, participate and successfully execute a project plan for the Custody & Clearing initiative.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Have good working knowledge of fundamental project management processes, concepts, methodologies, practices, tools and techniques and ability to adapt them to the organization.
- Leverage industry best practice and seek insight into developing trends which will have a bearing on the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of the project being managed.
- Responsible to keep project moving toward successful completion in face of aggressive schedules and discouraging developments
- Ability to grasp business purpose of the project and able to make decisions within that context.
- Conduct deep dive analysis on subject across multiple jursidications
- Good knowledge of team strengths and weaknesses and ability to effectively utilize team members to complement and support each other for accomplishment of the project.
- Ability to identify key issues or problems and make timely decisions reflective of the project objectives.
- Good communication (written/oral) to stakeholders on tasks, plans, schedule and progress of the project.
- Adhere to the highest standards of ethics. Remain compliant at all times with relevant policies, procedures and regulations, including the Group's values and code of conduct.
Qualifications and Skills
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the firm operates.
- Strong understanding of Custody & Clearing Operations, the nature of services provided, the client base and the relationship between hubs and footprints. Good knowledge of account setups and compliance within the Custody framework.
- Awareness and understanding of the firm's business strategy and model, as appropriate to the role.
- Track record in project delivery
- Ability to mitigate any environmental and project risks encountered to ensure timeline is not jeopardized.
- Comply with the Project Governance Policy and the Project Management Standards
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/10/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.