Senior Business Control Officer - Global Private Banking
Join our fast-growing Asia Wealth Management teams
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as a Senior Business Control Officer
. Principal responsibilities
- Provide feedback, guidance and advice to the Business on proposed operational risk policy and likely impacts.
- Develop and execute control monitoring plans, work with Risk Owners to identify and oversee completion of remediation actions.
- Coordinate the Risk Control Assessment process on behalf of Risk Owners and Control Owners as requested. Some examples include trigger event monitoring, stakeholder engagement, meeting organisation and outputs by engaging Risk Stewards as required.
- Use Key Indicators set by Risk Owners and Control Owners to facilitate control monitoring
- Carry out control monitoring over the key inherent risks identified through the Risk Control Assessment
- Produce Business and Functional operational risk reporting and insight based on Risk Control Assessment results for use by Risk Owners, Control Owners, Risk Stewards and wider stakeholders or governance.
- Track and provide advice on the completion of management response actions, ensure timely and accurate recording in the operational risk management system.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with the risk owners, control owners and risk stewards through governance committees and other networks to ensure the business is compliant, successful and profitable.
- Promote operational risk awareness, including training and communications for the Business.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- University degree in a relevant discipline.
- Knowledge and experience of private banking or trusts is an advantage.
- Strong experience in auditing, risk management or another monitoring function is a distinct advantage.
- Strong risk control and compliance mind-set.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and reporting skills and ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and apply sound business and technical domain knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal skill by demonstrating high level of initiative and ability to quickly acquire knowledge and adapt to on-going change.
- Good communication, presentation and influencing skills and managing stakeholders across multiple disciplines and/or lines of business.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work independently, as well as work collaboratively with other teams
- Able to cope with pressure and tight deadlines.
- Strong skills in MicroSoft office, Power Point and Excel. Macro skills is an advantage.
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Chinese is preferable.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.