- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 05 Sep 17
Senior Business Data Management Analyst
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
- This role works within the Client Lifecycle Design and Management (CLDM) Delivery team to support delivery of a quality service to our clients and achieve regulatory compliance across the end-to-end client lifecycle, including coverage of AML, KYC, Tax, OTC reform and FM regulations
- Driven from business requirements, create and embed a logical core data model and data dictionary for COLT, driving data design, standards and data quality management.
- Develop a governance framework to identify, certify and enforce data golden sources across the client data landscape.
- Provide inputs into data vendor selection, suitability assessment and integration.
- Assist in the development and implementation of data principles to influence design and data usage.
- Support the definition and controls of reference data used by COLT.
- Document the production, usage, flow and transformation of data used by COLT.
- Support functional design, testing and deployment of change initiatives
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop a detailed understanding of all areas of the Group CDD Policy and Procedures, Client Lifecycle operating model.
- Lead data design discussions on how to best deliver against identified business problems.
- Lead requirements gathering and produce analysis artifacts to drive change initiatives: Data Dictionaries, data models and data flow diagrams.
- Develop a funds, banking and legal hierarchies approach model.
- Identify enhancements to improve business processes/efficiency and/or reduce risk in line with Group Policy and Procedure, while understanding and translating the Group L&C and FCC driven requirements into Front line user requirements
- Assist with the roll-out of improved processes and practices, including User Acceptance Testing (UAT), User Verification Test (UVT, as part of Project go live, and BAU Change deployment
- Manage and engage key stakeholders across client facing divisions, Legal and Compliance and Financial Crime Risk, etc
- Establish and lead relevant Working Groups
- Occasional need to work on weekends to support testing and go live activities
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience as a data analyst, architect or Senior data Business Analyst with at least 10+ years experience on a relevant project
- Experience with data migration.
- Experience with data remediation.
- Weighs up benefits of short term tactical and long term strategic options to ensure solutions are delivered to the appropriate scale, scope and timing
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment and the ongoing developments
- Process, commercial and operational awareness needed to develop appropriate solutions.
- Ability to take initiative, identify opportunities and work with minimal management oversight
- Ability to use modelling tools e.g ErWIN
- Experience with enterprise level modelling and governance.
- Ability to lead and develop more junior colleagues
- Interpersonal skills in networking, influencing and decision taking
- Subject matter expertise in CDD and CLM system and process
- Strong communication skills - oral, written and presentation
- Knowledge of CIB, CB and BB business segments, client types and product offerings
- Knowledge of data modelling.
- Knowledge of data governance.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 24/09/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.