Senior Business Risk Manager, Sales COO
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Business
- The Sales COO Risk Manager is responsible for the delivery of a robust controls environment which enables the business to meet its overall financial objectives and protecting the best interests of our clients.
- Fully understands the overall Enterprise Operational Risk Framework, the Process Universe (PU),Financial Market (FM) Top Risks, Potential Failures / Causes (PFs), related Controls and associated Metrics to ensure we have a safe and robust operating environment
- Periodically reviews existing controls and control sample tests, to ensure they are fit for purpose, rationalizing PFs and monitors where possible
- Manage the management information (MI), extracted from M7, to assess areas of our risk agenda
- Leads the design and implementation of new controls and monitors required to fulfil new internal policy/regulatory requirements.
- Maintains a comprehensive insight into the current and emerging profile.
- Evaluates the appropriateness of the organization's frameworks for governance, risk and control
- Contributes to the development of risk-oriented culture within the organization
- When processes change ensures controls and monitors are fit for purpose and redesign where necessary
- Works closely with a) Rules Engine team in the automation of controls b) Risk Tools team in standardization and development of risk reporting and analysis c) Risk Operations team to ensure the effective offshoring of existing control monitors and new ones as they arise.
- Supports timely and quality execution of risk and control change projects as and when tasked by accountable Top risk owners.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Completes high quality and timely risk documentation - top risk profiles, residual risk assessments, risk acceptances, root cause reports, management action plans, risk committee papers.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Sales COO Risk Manager team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : FM Code of Conduct
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- MAS prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation.
Our Ideal Candidate
- FM Business Heads, FM Group and Regional COO teams, FM Functional Heads
- 10+ years of experience in Financial Markets
- Post-graduation qualification in Risk or Accounting (e.g. ACA, CA) or qualified by experience will be a desired criterion.
- Strong Operational risk management and business controls experience.
- Experience working in Operations, Compliance, Audit, Non-Financial Risk or similar risk-focused functions.
- Working experience in supporting the Financial Markets business
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to articulate complex issues concisely and communicate effectively, both spoken and in written
- Collaborative and creative problem solver, while being outcome focused.
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities and the ability to 'carry the conversation'
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex workflows and excellent attention to details
- Comfortable working in a relatively unstructured and multi-cultural environment
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.