Senior Credit Risk Officer
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 22 Oct 17
Are you independent and self-driven? Do you have sharp analytic skills? We're looking for someone like that who can:
- review, approve or recommend (depending on your ad persona delegated Credit Authority) credit requests for our Singapore booked Clients
- manage and monitor the loan book, assist the head of the team in auditors and regulators' communication
- build credibility as a reliable partner to our Origination units, whereby our main focus is to be a solution provider (as well as a business enabler) and to deliver a time adequate service to our partners
- manage the large number of credit process related queries from the origination units
- drive best practice use of resources and systems to increase efficiency and effectiveness
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Credit Risk Control WM APAC ("CRC") operates in the locations Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and Japan, and is embedded in the CRO organization of Corporate Centre. CRC is a business independent control function and is responsible for credit limit approval / setting as well as for monitoring of the counterparty credit risk of UBS Wealth Management clients with accounts booked in APAC. CRC is dedicated to achieve excellence in credit risk control processes and strives to enable our Client Advisors and Product Specialists to originate collateralized lending and derivative business which fits into the credit risk framework and risk appetite of our Business Unit/UBS Group.
Your experience and skills
- preferably more than 7 years experience as a Credit Officer with credit competence and prior approval authority
(candidates with a collateralized lending background and/or with corporate banking background will have an advantage)
- good communication skills and ability to explain any credit decisions /conditions to the Origination units in an
understandable and respectful manner (the ability to communicate in Bahasa and/or Mandarin will be a very distinct advantage)
- ideally a Degree qualification (preferably in Banking and Finance)
- relevant product knowledge in foreign exchange, equity derivatives and structured products
- presentation skills to be able to deliver training sessions to the Origination units, where necessary
- able to work under pressure and independently with minimal supervision
- an analytical thinker with ability to assess a problem
- able to identify issues and escalate to appropriate parties such as legal, compliance and tax
- pro-active with troubleshooting and ad hoc project assignments, where necessary (you tackle things head -on)
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.