Senior Cyber Threat Intelligence Specialist
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
OUR DEAL CANDIDATE
- Threat lead for one or more geographic or thematic threat areas, directly accountable for the development of high impact intelligence relating to the threat area.
- Produce high quality standardised intelligence reports to a full range of stakeholders, from technical peers to senior executives, providing detailed analysis on cyber events, including relevant economic and geopolitical variables.
- Provide decision-makers with a strategic view of the threat, predicting shifts in adversarial intent, goals and strategic objectives.
- Create and maintain detailed threat actor profiles on all relevant threat actors and groups within the threat area, mapping known TTPs to the MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Perform malware analysis to understand adversaries profile and capabilities and support build detection rules for internal and external hunts.
- Support various source (internal/external) analysis to understand and track adversaries targeting the bank.
- Act as a part of incident response team where appropriate and provide operational cyber intelligence support during ongoing incidents
- Establish, develop and own relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Protect the bank by performing technical research into advanced, targeted attacks, malware campaigns, malware and other emerging technologies that post risk to the bank
- 4+ years of cyber threat intelligence experience preferably in Banking and Financial services sector
- Bachelor's degree in computer related major
- In-depth knowledge on the cyber threat landscape, including threat actors, attack types, tactics, techniques and procedures relating to at least one of the following geographical or thematic areas: Eastern Europe, Middle East, East Asia
- Advanced Cybercrime
- Strong experience and understanding of intelligence processes: analytical methods, the intelligence cycle, intelligence collection plans, source and information evaluation etc.
- Familiarity with structured analysis techniques for intrusion analysis e.g. Kill Chain, Diamond Model, MITRE ATT&CK.
- Experiene in Threat Hunting with tools such as Virus Total Intelligence, pDNS, Certificate Transparency logs, Shodan
- Signature development, including YARA, JA3, Snort, Sigma, EDR signals.
- Strong technical investigative skills and expertise, such as an understanding of network protocols (particularly network layer, presentation layer and application layer).
- Proficient in technical indicator pivoting and investigation (e.g. creating YARA rules to deploy in global malware repositories).
- Experience interrogating link analysis or data analysis tools (such as IBM i2, Maltego, Palantir).
- Knowledge of scripting or coding languages such as SQL, Bash or Python.
- Experience in writing intelligence reports
- Experience with incident response and malware analysis
- Hands-on experience in audit engagement and risk management is added advantage
- Experience in using various open sources and tools to research external threat actors and threat actor groups
- Worked in SOC analysis and investigation environment is preferred (nice to have)
- Experience with Linux/Unix, database technologies (nice to have)
- Appropriate certifications, such as GIAC GREM, GDAT, GCTI (nice to have)
- Having technical security certifications will be an added advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.