Senior Developer - Front Office Rates & FX Technology
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer Role Summary
As an agile application developer you will work together with front office users and members of the development team to provide quality systems that: improve efficiency, decrease operational risk, enable the business to expand and make users smile. These are high profile applications that offer you the opportunity to shape the future technical direction and take ownership for functional components.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards. Role Responsibilities
- Develop, test, design, manage and support Front Office bond trading systems in APAC.
- Become a strategic part of the CS business by building positive relationships with the Cash & Derivatives Front Office, understanding the challenges they face and using your technical expertise to deliver the systems we need
- Maintain a solid focus on quality
- Be willing and able to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements
- Remain open and alert to new technology opportunities
You will join the Front Office development team working for the leading Bond Trading franchise in the APAC region.
The IT team is a key partner to the Cash & Derivatives business in APAC and has been a major contributor to its recent success. In order to benefit further from the growth potential in the region, additional funding has been allocated for us to grow further.
A number of new and exciting projects have been initiated, enabling you to directly contribute to the success of the Business. Naturally, project details are commercially-sensitive but all our projects exhibit the following common features:
- Significant business engagement and user-interaction
- Technical autonomy and innovation
- Highly motivated and engaged development teams
- High quality and commercial benefits
Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. Essentials
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- A real passion for Agile working practices and a strong desire to work with baked-in quality disciplines, such as TDD, continuous integration and test automation
- Demonstrable ability to work well in delivering complex systems in a changing, fast paced environment
- The ability to develop intuitive and robust user interfaces which improves user experience
- Proficient in application architecture and design
- Skillsets required:
Proficient in any In Memory Grid such as Hazelcast, Apache Ignite. Desired experience with SQL, RDBMS design and optimization Working knowledge in Messaging/Middleware like Kafka or JMS. Domain knowledge in Bond Trading/Investment Banking Experienced in FIX protocol. Familiar with Cloud Technology or experienced with one of the commercial platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud...etc.)
- Preferences will be given additionally to the below expertise:
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.