- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 20 Apr 18
Senior Developer (Chief Data Office)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good.
Enterprise Data Management Integration (EDMI) is the award-winning strategic integration platform and foundation for the new API strategy of the bank. EDMI enables efficient integration between disparate systems across the bank and is vital for the bank to conduct its day-to-day operations.
As Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for the delivery of new capabilities of EDMI Platform working together with other engineers in agile fast-paced environment.
- Build, test and release new capabilities across platform stack with end-to-end ownership
- Work closely with Product Owner and the team to define work items, plan, estimate and sign-up for the delivery
- Manage own work priorities, deadlines and deliverables fulfilling your commitments to Product Owner and fellow team members
- Adhere to the quality standards and ensure your work is done to the highest possible quality
- Continuously focus on improving your technical and teamwork skills
- Record of strong individual technical achievement, capability to deliver robust solutions from idea to production
- Senior-level programming skills in server-side Java, good understanding of JVM, expertise developing integration solutions using web services and messaging, both on the premises and on the cloud
- Experience with at least one of the leading integration and API lifecycle management platforms like webMethods, Mule or Fuse
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems, APIs and protocols (HTTP, AMQP, JMS, MQ, SOAP) and experience developing resilient mission-critical systems
- Good understating of WS-* and REST architectures, API description standards (WSDL, RAML, Swagger)
- Excellent understanding of good development practices and experience applying them in your work
- Demonstrated teamwork skills, preferably in agile and lean environments
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good.