- Up to GBP1.0 per annum
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 20 Apr 18
Senior Finance Manager - Global Retail
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Up to GBP1.0 per annum
- Job Type: Full time
Leading the way in International Banking. With more than 86,000 employees in 68 countries, and a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets,Leading the way in International Banking. With more than 86,000 employees in 68 countries, and a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets, Standard Chartered is listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India. See our history
We have an opportunity for Senior Finance Manager
(1) To establish and use financial management information to achieve the strategy and goals of Retail business in;
- delivering relevant and consistent accounting and management information together with the right analytical insights to help the Management in their decision making as well as understanding the factual financial position
- delivering accurate interpretation of customer and product profitability
- analysing information for evaluating business performance and supporting forecasting, planning and strategy reviews
(2) Support the Group Finance team in London with the right messages not only for the monthly performance reviews but also for the external events viz. Investor Meetings, Analyst Trips, Half & Full Year reviews, etc.
(3) Support the business decisioning process by providing essential analytical skills, financial models, profit models, internal and external benchmarking and performing `what-if' scenarios.
* Provide timely view of monthly financial results and work with country / regional Retail Finance to understand and provide key insights to business drivers and trends.
- Manage the Management Business Review Process to deliver crisp messages
- Support the efforts of the business segment to deliver annual budget performance by engaging and influencing stakehoders with MI
- Ensuring accuracy & timeliness of financial numbers and key performance indicators MI packs by working closely with GFS
- Review and challenge assumptions of plans as reflected in the Business Plans/ Programs
- Develop industry and competitive models that drive strategic decisions i.e. market size, share, industry profitability, competitor profitability, future scenarios
Invloved in Corporate Budgeting and forecasting exercise.
* Partner with business in providing strategic advice,
* Provide timely & accurate financial information / MIS to enable strategic decision making including sales, products and client analysis.
* Provide market intelligence on key competitors' performance and highlight any changes in the competitive landscape
* Partner with GFS, Finance at Group, Region and Country levels to ensure robust financial processes in place to report financial performance for Retail Banking in an accurate and timely manner
* Continued focus on RB BF mandate alignment and outsourcing opportunities Ensure FSSC service levels are maintained in line with onshore requirements
* Manage overall design and outcome of the end-to-end process and own the process output performance.
* Operate 1st line responsibilities of process owners as outlined under Operational Risk Framework (ORF) and associated policies and procedures. Including, but not limited to the following
* Identify, assess, treat and monitor significant operational risks
* Submit gross risk and residual risk ratings with rationales for approval by authorized Risk Owners
* Propose risk acceptance requests with justification to the authorized risk acceptance authority and abide by any conditions of acceptance
* Promptly execute any remediation or risk treatment actions in order to remain within risk tolerance
Record and maintain a record of all formal risk assessment and risk acceptance decisions in the Operational Risk systems.
· Quality of decision making within the business
· Influences and challenges issues, providing judgement and assessment of impact of proposed actions / activities on performance and strategy
· Uphold the control and compliance culture in the bank
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
· Several years of work experience in Planning, Finance and Accounting.
· Working knowledge of retail products preferred.
· Good working knowledge in management reporting, budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis.
· Experienced in financial and profitability modelling and translation of results for management decision-making.
· Analytical and strong sense of need to upload integrity of financial information.
· Proactively question and improve status quo, think outside the box to improve productivity, data accuracy and reporting process.
· Ability to develop creative solutions to problems and work in the larger team
· Strong networking and interpersonal skills, forming positive working relationship in the multicultural environment.