- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 30 Nov 17
Senior Finance Manager, Global Retail
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.(1) To establish and use financial management information to achieve the strategy and goals of Retail business in;
- delivering relevant and consistent accounting and management information together with the right analytical insights to help the Management in their decision making as well as understanding the factual financial position
- delivering accurate interpretation of customer and product profitability
- analysing information for evaluating business performance and supporting forecasting, planning and strategy reviews
(2) Support the Group Finance team in London with the right messages not only for the monthly performance reviews with Group PMC but also for the external events viz. Investor Meetings, Analyst Trips, Half & Full Year reviews, etc.
(3) Support the business decisioning process by providing essential analytical skills, financial models, profit models, internal and external benchmarking and performing `what-if' scenarios.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide timely view of monthly financial results and work with country / regional Retail Finance to understand and provide key insights to business drivers and trends.
- Manage the MIS reports which are used by the Group Retail CEO, CFO, RBMTs & regions in the monthly country reviews.
- Support the efforts of the business segment to deliver annual budget performance by engaging and influencing stakehoders with MI
- Ensuring accuracy & timeliness of financial numbers and key performance indicators MI packs by working closely with GFS
- Review and challenge assumptions of plans as reflected in the Business Plans/ Programs
- Develop industry and competitive models that drive strategic decisions i.e. market size, share, industry profitability, competitor profitability, future scenarios
- Partner with business in driving MIS simplification, standardization and automation.
- Ensure MI requirements and etc. are relevant and to improve overall efficiency and productivity with GFS
- Provide timely & accurate financial information / MIS to enable strategic decision making including sales, products and client analysis.
- Provide market intelligence on key competitors' performance and highlight any changes in the competitive landscape
- Partner with GFS, Finance at Group, Region and Country levels to ensure robust financial processes in place to report financial performance for Retail Banking in an accurate and timely manner
- Continued focus on RB BF mandate alignment and outsourcing opportunities Ensure FSSC service levels are maintained in line with onshore requirements
- Manage overall design and outcome of the end-to-end process and own the process output performance.
- Operate 1st line responsibilities of process owners as outlined under Operational Risk Framework (ORF) and associated policies and procedures. Including, but not limited to the following
- Submit gross risk and residual risk ratings with rationales for approval by authorized Risk Owners
- Propose risk acceptance requests with justification to the authorized risk acceptance authority and abide by any conditions of acceptance
- Promptly execute any remediation or risk treatment actions in order to remain within risk tolerance
Qualifications and Skills
- Quality of decision making within the business
- Influences and challenges issues, providing judgement and assessment of impact of proposed actions / activities on performance and strategy
- Uphold the control and compliance culture in the bank
- Several years of work experience in Planning, Finance and Accounting.
- Working knowledge of retail products preferred.
- Good working knowledge in management reporting, budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis.
- Experienced in financial and profitability modelling and translation of results for management decision-making.
- Analytical and strong sense of need to upload integrity of financial information.
- Proactively question and improve status quo, think outside the box to improve productivity, data accuracy and reporting process.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to problems and work in the larger team
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills, forming positive working relationship in the multicultural environment.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 20/12/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.