Our client provide fund administration services for hedge funds and private equity funds. They are the top 5 fund administration firms in the world.
The Senior Associate will be responsible for the day to day administration of the fund allocated and will strive to be a one point contact to the investment manager of the funds and the investors of the funds.
- Monitor cash activity of the fund and prepare bank reconciliations on a periodic basis.
- Liaise with investment managers to resolve cash breaks.
- Review investment documents and monitor portfolio positions on a periodic basis.
- Prepare investor capital calls, distributions, financial reports and capital statements in a timely manner.
- Prepare net asset valuation for the funds on a monthly or quarterly basis as required by the investment managers.
- Co-ordinate documentations for capital activities to ensure AML/KYC compliance.
- Communicate effectively with clients and other service providers, handle client requests and manage client deliverables.
- Prepare financial statements and liaise with auditors to ensure timely completion of audits.
- Resolve complex issues that have not been resolved by junior staff and escalate open items to managers as appropriate.
- Senior Fund Accountant is also required to train and supervise junior staff, and review tasks performed by them, and assist in any ad hoc tasks being assigned by managers.
- 4+ years of fund accounting experience in a Private Equity Fund, Private Equity Administrator, or other financial institution.
- A University degree in Business majoring in Accountancy.
- Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects
- An ability to work under pressure and the ability to communicate with clients effectively
- Advanced computer skills ( especially Microsoft excel and word )
- A professional designation such a C.A., C.P.A., or C.M.A. etc., would be an asset.