- Permanent, Full time
- Avaloq Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
Senior Infrastructure Project Manager
- Full time
- 12 Dec 18
Senior Infrastructure Project Manager
The Avaloq group is an internationally leading fintech company. With its core and digital banking software and its international network of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) centres, Avaloq brings trustworthy and efficient banking to the world, delivered through great user experience. Headquartered in Switzerland, Avaloq has branches in the most demanding financial centres worldwide and serves around 155 banks and wealth managers and the 270 Swiss cooperative banks. Avaloq's growing ecosystem comprises among others over 2'000 employees from 66 nationalities and more than 500 third-party developers that co-innovate with Avaloq.
More information on www.avaloq.com
Brief Job Description
Responsible for managing information technology (IT) infrastructure projects and vendor management with Avaloq cloud provider and other key vendors for Singapore, Australia and Hong Kong. Onboarding of customers in collaboration with Avaloq sales and project teams to a successful delivery and handover to RUN organization.
Your main responsibilities:
Reporting to Head Project Management Office (PMO) within APAC Technology Infrastructure Services, the incumbent will be responsible for project planning & execution and managing scope due to any new information and/or changes to initial assumptions, including implications for project time, cost, quality and risk.
You will work with other teams to accomplish project goals and assure solutions long term support plan.
We offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work in a highly-motivated and well-qualified team, as well as the chance to contribute to the development of a young and successful company.
The employee's duties will include but not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Develop timelines and deliverables for project implementation
- Manage the project to deliver agreed outcomes that realise benefits within agreed scope, time, cost and quality
- Monitor and report to the Head of PMO on status of financials, risks, issues and progress towards milestones and deliverables
- Ensure adherence to agreed project, program methodologies, enterprise methodologies and processes
- Ensure regulatory and legal compliance of all work on the project
Estimation and Cost Management:
- Work with pre-sales team, project team and vendors to deliver cost estimates and duration
- Manage and report project delivery against agreed costs, forecast and manage the cost impacts of scope change and monitoring
Risk & Issue Management:
- Direct the identification, monitoring, reporting and escalation of risks and issues in the project, including influencing Avaloq Management, business owners and stakeholders to achieve resolutions
- Engage, inform, influence and negotiate with stakeholders, including customers business units responsible for the technology and business services
Project Resource Management:
- Develop and maintain a resource plan
- Documented clear accountabilities, roles and responsibilities for the project team members
- Provide timely and constructive feedback and when required, intervention to correct
- Manage vendors throughout the implementation, including identification of issues and resolution, technical requirements, and status update.
- Academic qualification (university or institute of higher education) in the field of Information Technology qualification
- Professional experience of 12 or more years in IT infrastructure projects and IT operations in the financial services industry
- Multi-national company experience, regional management experience and significant scale outsourcing experience
- Operational, technical and architectural expertise in running data centers in a financial services environment
- Experienced in managing tier 1 outsourcing vendor within Asia Pacific
- Effective communication and conflict management skills, being able to interact across all levels of management and staff
- Self-starter and a "can do attitude"
- Constant drive for efficiency improvements
- Able to deal with uncertainty and change
- Team player who can interlink across international teams
- Structured and analytical thinking
Do you want to apply your knowledge in a professional and dynamic environment? Solve challenging tasks as part of a highly qualified team?
A high level of self-sufficiency in your area of work and an open work-culture awaits you! Click the "Apply Online" button now to apply to this position.
Kindly note that only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for next steps. We look forward to receive your application!