Senior Java Developer
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 17 Feb 18
Are you an enthusiastic technology professional? Are you excited about seeking an enriching career; working for one of finest financial institutions in world? If so, you are the right person for this role. Weâ€™re seeking technology and domain leaders to join our development team within Credit Risk IT. We are looking someone who can:
- analysing, designing and implementing high quality software solutions / components for the Credit Risk platform that conform to architectural standards
- unit and Integration testing of components for integration into larger subsystems
- supporting the Software Component Manager in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
- ensuring that produced code is secure, stable and operational before handover to the Software Component Manager
- managing versions of software artifacts
- demonstrating superior collaboration skills in working closely with other development, testing and implementation teams to roll-out important regulatory and business improvement programs
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You will be part of the Credit Risk IT team that is responsible for providing the systems needed by the Investment Bank, Wealth Management and Firmwide Risk to manage Credit Risk exposure of its global Front Office trading functions.
Your experience and skills
Have you been out of the workforce for some time now? Already built a career in financial services (or have transferable skills) and ready to take the next step on your career path? We recognize and value what experienced talent brings into the workplace.
- degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- experience in application and system design with OOA/OOD, UML Modeling
- project / hands-on experience with J2EE standard
- good programming experience with Java (EJB, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, etc), WebSphere Application Server and Apache Tomcat on Unix and Windows platforms
- good experience in setting up Websphere Application Server to get new J2EE applications running a must.
- experience in STRUTS, Hibernate, Spring frameworks a must
- Knowledge of database design, familiarity with Oracle SQL and PL/SQL, Unix shell scripting, Perl scripting is a must
- Sound knowledge of application security issues such as authentication, authorisation and auditing
- able to work under pressure, independently and proactively in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines
What we offer
Together. Thatâ€™s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.