Senior Java deveveloper
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Oct 18
The Senior Java developer is a high caliber specialist able to design and give new solution for the upcoming changes to existing as well as new applications.
Context, main goals & scope
New role within the Portfolio Management Domain – Java development team in Singapore.
The opening is for a Senior Java developer who is able to design and give new solution for the upcoming changes to the existing as well as new asset within domain.
This role also requires having the knowledge of latest technology stacks used in a typical web application.
This role is technology oriented, which includes defining development methodologies, providing solution architecture and performing POC of new frameworks for the Portfolio Management System Domain.
The applications to be supported / built are performing portfolio valuation, order execution, performance computation, advisory services, month end financial statements, market risk computation.
Scope/Roles and Responsibilities:
- Write technical specifications (Java, UNIX, Java, and DB).
- Propose technical solutions and improvements proactively, based on pros and cons after analysis of the various options.
- Define the technical architectural diagram.
- Do development (DB design, Java back end, Java UI, batch processes, etc.)
- Prepare technical deliveries and support implementation by integration teams.
- Contribute to key and strategic projects
- Perform quality reporting and controls in line with BNP PARIBAS standards.
- Monitor the project allocated to the team pertaining to the project assigned.
- Provide guidance to the team members on various topics on development and project matters.
- Perform code review of the team members.
- Applications managed by the team : Tapweb, PMS (Portfolio, Order, PMS, PMS_TSL), SMD, Perfco, IPE (Investor Protection Engine)
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Java 6/7/8, J2ee, Spring, Hibernate, AOP
- Excellent knowledge of Spring (Spring core, Spring MVC, Spring security, Spring Integration, Spring AOP, Spring JMS, Spring Batch, Spring Transaction management, Spring WS…)
- Eclipse, SVN, Maven
- Experience with CI/CD Jenkins, JIRA, Serena…
- Understanding of REST, SOAP, Apache Commons IO, JSON etc…
- Good oral & written skills.
- Excellent co-ordination skills.