Senior Lawyer, Markets
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Aug 18
See job description for details
- Be part of Markets Legal, Institutional Legal Group
- Have extensive markets legal transactional, advisory, and regulatory experience
- Reports to the Head of Legal, Markets Asia
Role Location: Level 20, Three Exchange Square, 8 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong
Role Type: Permanent, full time
Your role as a Senior Lawyer within the Markets Legal Team in Asia is to be primarily responsible for providing transactional, advisory and regulatory support to the Markets business ("Business") in Asia within the Institutional Banking division of ANZ.
You will provide the Business with strategic and excellent legal advice with a particular focus on being proactive, efficient and 'adding value', including ensuring that the Business is aware of the legal risks involved in their transactions. You will focus on (i) providing day-to-day transactional and advisory support for the Markets business in Asia across FX, Rates, Commodities and Credit businesses; (ii) assisting the Markets business with its financial markets infrastructure initiatives including trading platforms and clearing and settlement systems; and (iii) supporting the Markets business in relation to the adoption of new technologies and digital initiatives including blockchain technologies and e-trading.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following -
- Must have relevant experience in negotiating and advising on markets products across FX, Rates, Commodities and Credit.
- Strong experience with drafting and negotiating markets documentation including ISDAs, CSAs, GMRAs and structured note documentation.
- Ability to read and draft documentation in Mandarin and to interact with key stakeholders in Mandarin is preferred.
- Strong experience in advising on markets documentation in a fast paced growth environment. Strong understanding of the financial markets environment, relevant markets documentation, compliance and risk issues and products.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels including senior management.
- Extensive post qualification experience and be qualified as a lawyer in any of the following jurisdictions including Hong Kong, England & Wales, Singapore or Australia.
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number HON002454.
72% of Australian workers want the opportunity to work flexibly. Hear from ANZ staff about how they take advantage of our range of flexible options, including volunteer and lifestyle leave