Senior Legal Counsel, APAC
To keep pace with the expansion of the business, we are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel for the APAC region, based in Singapore. You will be part of the global legal team with approximately 15 qualified professionals based in Singapore, Berlin, Zurich and Lugano. It is key that you are a well organised team player with the ability to communicate at all levels with customers, internal clients and business partners. You will have the opportunity to grow together with the company. Your mission
What you need
- Provide general legal support to the business operations of the APAC region, in close collaboration with the APAC and global legal teams and the business.
- Review, draft and negotiate a broad range of contracts (mainly with customers) including supporting on new businesses opportunities.
- Drive the standardisation of documentation across multiple jurisdictions.
- A law degree from a reputable university.
- Possess at least 5 years post-qualification experience, ideally gained in a reputable law firm and / or as in-house counsel.
- Strong commercial background, with good knowledge of contract law and significant experience of reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts, ideally including licence agreements, cloud related services agreement, RFPs/tenders and vendor contracts. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the software or banking industry.
- Ability to systematically analyse complex issues, draw relevant conclusions and implement appropriate solutions.
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple projects with shifting deadlines
- Fluent in verbal and written English and, ideally, possess a good command of the Chinese language (written and spoken)
- Experience in handling employment related matters is a plus