- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 11 Nov 17
Senior Manager - Data Forensics
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Data Forensics team is a critical part of the office of the CDO, which will be responsible for the overall maintenance of the data model. The primary role of the Client data team is that of a provider of expert (and binding) advice on client data model (and data) in the bank. For any given data attribute, this would include answers to the following questions
- What is the best ("golden") source in the bank for the attribute?
- How does the attribute flow into the golden source ("lineage")? What transformations does it undergo along the way?
- What does the attribute mean? How should it be interpreted/ used?
- How reliable is the quality (completeness, accuracy, consistency, timeliness, frequency) of that attribute?
- Who owns the attribute within the organisation?
- What controls are in place to ensure quality?
- What other systems in the bank house that attribute or related ones?
- How do these attributes map to each other, and to the bank's standard data model?
As such SCB is seeking to hire talented data professionals with relevant banking experience who will be able to work in global environment from internal and external talent pool
To support the Data Forensics team in its objectives through a mix of:
- analysis of data attributes in the bank's systems to understand their meaning/ usage/ provenance, identify data owners, and document the same into an overall data dictionary
- tracing and documentation of end-to-end lineage of individual data attributes
- mapping of data attributes from different systems to the bank's standard data model
- Setting of data standards (through the analyses highlighted above) and enforcement of the same
- profiling of data attributes to assess quality
- data management
Key Roles and Responsibilities
major key responsibilities are (inclusive but not exhaustive):
Acts as a SME for reactive response to data related queries and quality issues from various process and system owners.
Act as a Subject Matter Expert and work with other units like Client Lifecycle Management team, Client On boarding team, Strategic Information management team, etc to ensure the right level of expertise is built into the existing process and
systems, working alongside with the product/project, risk analytics, service delivery, and change management teams.
2) Project support
For projects and particularly those which are data intensive, the data specialists will be expected to support individual projects by
- Reviewing BRDs and distilling data requirements from the same
- Mapping the data requirements to the bank's standard data model
- Comparing data requirements with group data standards, and identifying potential sources of non-compliance
- Recommending data sourcing approach (including golden sources where applicable)
- Planning and coordinating profiling of data at source to ascertain data quality and consistency
- Initiating (but not executing) data cleansing where necessary
- Proposing data quality validation rules and data quality maintenance where appropriate
3) Other Responsibilities
Own, Manage and be responsible for delivering all services relating to Data Management deliverables as agreed - Core System Experts, Proactive Data Quality Monitoring and Investigation.
Be responsible for stakeholder management, both internal as well as external to ensure consistency and promptness in service delivery.
Take ownership for all responsible services within the function assigned, acting as a single point of contact for the services rendered.
To investigate data quality issues proactively and come out with KPI to monitor progress for Client data
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Accounting, Statistics, or Computer Science specializing in Information Management, or equivalent
- 8-10 years of work experience in Banking domain involving one or more of the following: Core Banking, Trade & lending products, Treasury products (Foreign exchange, Money market, Bonds etc), Client on boarding or Due diligence, Regulatory or Internal reporting, sanctions/ anti-money-laundering, Risk Management (Market, Credit or Operational), Data Governance, OR
- IT or data analysis/ profiling roles supporting the above areas
All members of the Data team must be very comfortable with MS Excel (critical to data analysis work). In addition, any combination of the following skills will also advantage(though not mandatory)
- Prior experience of data analysis and profiling work
- Knowledge and experience of SQL
- Experience of working with data profiling and metadata tools (eg. Trillium, Ab Initio)
- Knowledge of Logical data modelling concepts, and ideally some practical experience
- Experience of working with any of the major transaction processing systems (e.g., Imex, Murex, ACBS) or data warehouses (Teradata) used in SCB
- Attention to detail
- High degree of responsibility
- Self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision
- Structure and discipline
- Good written communication skills
- Able to challenge/ question
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30/11/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.