Responsible for developing, governing and operationalizing Maybank’s data governance strategy for regulatory compliance and information security requirements, with alignment to Maybank’s Group data management practices.
- Oversee, manage and drive data governance activities to align with internationally recognized data principles and data practices such as BCBS 239; This includes developing Standards, Frameworks and Artefacts related to the bankwide business glossary, data taxonomy, data lineage and data quality management;
- Expound on good data management practices and assurance of broader data governance and management practices for quality data management;
- Provide management progress updates with emphasis on risks, issues and mitigation actions;
- Liaise with stakeholders such as data producers, data owners and data management & operations teams across technical and business processes, systems in implementing end to end, scalable and maintainable solution;
- Facilitate the development and enforcement of standard adoption in SDLC across the enterprise data warehouse;
- Lead incident management team(comprising resources from the Business and Functional areas and IT business and operations functions,) to achieve their objectives; resolve issues escalated from Business and Functional areas;
- Drive data-led innovations to support the Bank’s journey to a data-centric organization.
- Degree/ Master in Information Management/ Data Science or related disciplines with at least 8 years relevant experience in data governance & management;
- Experience developing atleast one of the following artefacts: Enterprise Business Glossary, DQ Metrics or Data Lineage
- Good knowledge of the overall information management, data management and data quality;
- Good understanding of Bank operation processes and systems;
- Demonstrated good project management skills;
- Good communication, strong stakeholders and change management skill;
- Dynamic change agent.