Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analytics
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
A leading role in the preparation, coordination and delivery of business performance analysis and insight to support multiple Group FP&A deliverables to Group Board and MT. The role has a specific focus on Balance Sheet and Risk-Weighted Assets (RWA) and the impact on business performance.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Key point of contact within Group FP&A team with respect to Balance Sheet and RWA( Risk Weighted Assets) for business finance and Treasury teams based in Singapore and in Asia time-zone.
- Drive the balance sheet and RWA workstreams for the Group's annual financial plan as well as coordinate the production of monthly RWA, capital and leverage exposure forecasts for the Operating Balance Sheet Committee.
- Deliver analyses to support regular Board reports, including the Corporate Plan, Group Management Team updates and Group Management Business Review ("MBR").
- Deliver performance analyses to support key external reporting events including half and full year results and interim management statements.
- Support planning and forecasting processes with insight into business performance drivers including risks and opportunities to budget. Support Board and MT updates on Planning as appropriate.
- Provide insightful analyses on the drivers of business performance through balance sheet analytics as well as financial modelling for planning and forecasting.
- Provide Balance Sheet and RWA expertise on planning, regulatory reporting and risk appetite exercises and support ad-hoc requests for analytics on Balance Sheet and RWA performance, including regulatory and internal optimisation projects.
- Work closely with London and Chennai based FP&A teams to coordinate deliverables, ad hoc requests and communication with business finance teams.
- Form strong relationships with internal stakeholders in business, finance and global functions. These typically include business/regional CFOs, FP&A teams, Business Finance, Treasury, Risk, Strategy and Investor Relations.
- Work closely with process owners in Management Reporting and Planning to ensure analyses are timely, accurate and consistent with across FP&A outputs.
- Strong academic record at bachelor or master's degree level in business, economics, finance, financial engineering or related field from a well-recognized institution
- Excellent communication, power point and excel skills
- Working knowledge of Moody's Risk Authority (RAy), OBIEE (PMI/RMI/MRC), Hyperion
- Proven strategic and analytical skills with a strong appetite for finding facts and offering solutions
- CFA or FRM qualification will be considered positively
- Experience Range - 10 - 15 years
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.