Our client is a rapidly growing asset management company to manage internal funds of the Group.
- Manage and perform internal audit projects, with the primary focus on asset management companies across the region.
- Plan, prepare and complete audits in an efficient and effective manner, while contributing to the successful completion of the annual Internal Audit Plan.
- Participate in ad-hoc and other specialised assignments as required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- At least 10 years of capital markets / asset management experience.
- At least 7 years of internal audit experience spanning asset management, insurance and general audit.
Ability to communicate with all levels of management and external stakeholders as appropriate:
- Research analysts
- Portfolio Managers
- Operations & Middle Office
- Legal & Governance
- Risk & Compliance
- Local Regulators (e.g. MAS)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Acquire and maintain a thorough ongoing knowledge of information, processes and systems technology connected to the operations of the investment function in the front, middle and back office encompassing investment operations, transition management, performance management, accounting and finance among others to identify where deficiencies may occur in processes, systems and internal controls.
- Establish a strategic internal audit plan on an annual and three-year cycle using a risk-based approach integrated with the governance and risk management processes in place to identify and prioritise specific audits, win approval for the plan, and execute effectively on the plan.
- Mobilize the group audit function as needed, and create collaborative links with them as well as with the management and first and second line governance teams charged with governance and risk. Co-ordinate with group audit teams on group audit functions as needed.
- Unite the third, second and first line AMC and business unit functions to enhance the processes of investment management and support activities.
- Work with the group audit function to create and manage the budget for investment audit activities.
- Ensure that audit results are adequately communicated and that actions are agreed to close vulnerabilities in an appropriate amount of time.
- Report to management, board and group Audit on the adequacy, effectiveness and appropriateness of control mechanisms, systems, processes and measures employed to control and manage risk.
- Monitor the implementation of recommendations to management and inform the board and group Audit of results checking.
- Share information and coordinate activities with the governance functions of the AMC, encompassing risk management, conformance to policy, planning and monitoring of the optimal use of resources, and the control frameworks ensuring that audit’s expertise is available in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work with external auditors, making audit plans and results available as needed and working on co-audits where required.