Senior Manager, Legal
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
We are a Singapore based family office that has a significant AUM. As part of business expansion, we are seeking for a dynamic talent for the role of Legal Manager.
Our Family Office with its investment arm engaged in Fund and fund management activities, wishes to engage Legal Manager to undertake assignments arising in the Family Office from time to time, and to support the team in structuring, undertake due diligence and documentation of investments in all asset classes (equities, mezzanine and convertible debt, derivatives and funds), including investments in real estate. The incumbent shall be involved in documentation and protection of assets with counterparties, intermediaries and service providers.
In this role, besides handling Family Office related matters, the Manager is expected to help review and negotiate documents customarily used for financial transactions, including identifying problems, providing solutions to transactional issues and implementation, and ensuring that compliance issues are met.
Pre-requisites of candidates
- Must be called to a member of the Bar with at least 10 years PQE, preferably with experience working in a law firm handling banking or finance related type work
- Familiarity with working in a family office environment providing advice and assistance in handling different matters spanning across different segments of law practice is ideal. In this regard, someone with strong Corporate legal experience can be considered.
- Experience operating in a Funds or fund management environment and compliance with applicable laws and regulations is an advantage.
- Preferably conversant with regulatory requirements for trading in financial markets, with focus on securities and other financial instruments, and currencies.
- Have experience handling corporate secretarial matters.