Senior Manager, Model Delivery Management, Wholesale Credit Risk Models
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
WCR Model Risk Measurement
WCR Model Risk Management
- Ensure that all WCR models are individually risk assessed in line with Group Model Risk Policy, Group Model Risk Standards, and the applicable Model Family Standards.
- Evaluate the WCR model landscape. Conduct analysis to understand strengths, weaknesses, common assumptions, inconsistencies, and inter-connections in the WCR model landscape and model networks.
- Identify and assess aggregate model risk arising from WCR models.
- Propose risk mitigation strategies for aggregate WCR model risk.
- Monitor the WCR model landscape and model risk, and assess the ongoing effectiveness of risk mitigation strategies.
- Preparation of model risk reporting for WCR models.
WCR Ratings System
- Work with Businesses, the WCR Model Development team, and other stakeholders to plan strategic target state WCR model landscape and networks. Develop the strategy to deliver the target state.
- WCR Model Life Cycle (MLC)
- Lead the development of WCR Model Standards. Maintain the standards in line with changes in policy standards and WCR model specific requirements.
- Act as central point for WCR MLC Standards queries and dispensations, and provide assurance of compliance to the Standards Owner.
- Undertake WCR model planning, prioritization, resource allocation, pipeline management, and coordination across the different model life cycle stages and stakeholders.
- Promote efficient and transparent model production to reduce costs, complexity, and dependencies, and improve time to market.
- Monitor WCR models through the MLC and provide support, oversight and approvals as required.
- Monitor rating system use. Guide design of associated reporting and provide insightful analysis for Business teams to improve model use. Raise issues to the appropriate stakeholders including ERA management and Credit PGC.
- Coordinate with model owner, WCR Model Development Team, IT system owner and ITO for implementation of rating system changes, new models and model enhancements, including signing-off business requirements and user acceptance testing, updating user guides, and conducting user training. Verify that appropriate model use and data quality controls are in place prior to go-live.
- Administer the annual review process for WCR models in line with policy and standards.
- Preparation of MLC pipeline reporting and other management information for WCR models.
- WCR MLC Operational Risk
- Coordinate the production of the WCR Model Development team's DOI, processes and key controls; work with the ERM Change team to develop the key control testing approach and key indicators.
- Liaise with Process Owners in the user community and Operational Risk Officers to ensure that suitable processes and key controls are used, and that appropriate control testing and key indicators are embedded, for WCR model risk management purposes.
WCR Credit RWA
- Maintain and update the WCR Credit Grading Standards and WCR Model User Guides, and the WCR Credit Risk Mitigation Standards. Provide user training as required.
- Review of WCR Model Design Technical Documentation to promote and maintain documentation quality and to ensure that the content and tone are appropriate to the purpose and audience to which they are addressed.
- Maintain oversight of WCR ratings system documentation and work with the relevant stakeholders to ensure that the rating system documentation meets regulatory requirements and expectations.
Key Supporting Activities
- Credit RWA advisory for SCB Group and SCB SL . The scope may increase to other jurisdictions, as required.
- Produce timely and accurate analysis and responses to specific Credit, Finance, and Business transaction level queries over the treatment of credit RWA.
- Develop and publish credit RWA opinions for the interpretation and application of regulatory requirements for application on a prospective basis across groups of transactions and portfolios.
- Review and approve or amend proposals for manual adjustments to credit RWA calculations on request from Finance and the Business. Review and approve business requirements for capital calculation engine changes arising from RWA opinions.
- Ensure calculation of SCB Group and SCB SL credit RWA is compliant with PRA and MAS regulatory requirements and SCB regulatory permissions.
- Maintenance of RWA calculation tools.
- Monitor and respond to regulatory changes impacting WCR credit RWA.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Working closely with ERA Regulatory Interpretation team regarding business queries and regulatory requests
- Use detailed understanding of WCR models and model networks to support activities which rely on this understanding, including
- Stress testing (documentation, review of assumptions).
- Regulatory reporting (e.g. Pillar 2).
- Regulatory model approvals and attestations.
- Senior management briefings.
- Meeting evolving regulatory requirements for model risk management.
- Participate in the development and roll out of the SCB Group model risk policy and policy standards.
- Support the design, implementation, and operation of the model inventory used for WCR models.
- Prepare/Review committee papers for WCR model risk.
- Monitor progress against all open WCR model related audit issues and act as key advisor for related management action plans, and factor audit findings into WCR model risk measurement and MLC processes.
- Demonstrate creativity and willingness to contribute towards the enhancement of the existing practices in Model Strategy & Management.
- Support the department as directed by the Head of Model Strategy & Management.
- 10+ years banking industry experience in a WCR capacity.
- Extensive experience of WCR models and model life cycle, including developing or validating models, and designing or assessing modelling processes and controls.
- Detailed knowledge of PRA and MAS regulatory requirements and guidance for WCR models.
- Extensive experience in interpreting and applying WCR regulatory requirements and guidance to assess the appropriate credit RWA treatment for individual transactions and portfolios, across both Internal Rating Based (Advanced and Foundation) and Standardised approaches.
- Detailed knowledge of SCB WCR model landscape and RWA systems is an advantage.
- Experience writing or contributing to policies and standards; strong level of written English.
- Degree level education.
- Excellent stakeholder management and verbal and written communication skills.
- Very strong interpersonal skills to build effective, collaborative, cohesive relationships across all levels of the Group.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .