Senior Manager, Model Validation
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager, CIC Model Validation, Group Model Validation You will lead a small of team of analytical professionals and will work on a variety of data management, model & capital validation and governance assignments. Adopting a pro-active business engagement strategy with responsibilities for the development and maintenance of a robust model risk measurement and reporting system, you will assist with the identification and management of emerging portfolio trends and regulatory issues.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
· Independent evaluation of risk models including PD, LDG and EAD as initiation to the CIC validation process and data structure.
· Leading in IFRS 9 methodology reviews
· Assessment and approval of new IFRS 9 developments and/or changes to existing models and related risk data and infrastructure
· Reviewing stress testing in the Credit, Operational Risk and Finance space
· Assist with the delivery of the validation plan, ensuring timely identification of issues and projects are completed to the required standard
· Qualitative review of model development process including underlying assumptions & theoretical basis, ensuring the models reflect the way in which the portfolios are managed
· Quantitative assessment of model performance via data evaluation and statistical testing
· Coordination with internal stakeholders on model issues, achieving suitable resolutions
· Documentation of findings and communication of results / justifications to senior management
Support our countries with direct interaction with regulators globally, focussing on Korea, China, HK, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, India, UAE and the UK
Qualifications & Skills
· At least graduate level qualifications in statistics, econometrics, mathematics or a related quant field.
· Experience in credit risk analytics, developing or validating credit risk models across Retail, SME or Wholesale products
· Proficient in statistical and data analysis using data management software including SAS, SQL, Excel
· Exposure to the practical application of the Basel 2 regulatory framework, including PD, LGD, EAD models and capital estimates
· Team leadership and supervisory experience, with strong project management skills - ability to lead multiple projects
· Ability to understand and interpret regulatory requirements and explain such interpretation to stakeholders and senior management.
· Knowledge of Credit Decision Systems and associated Data and IT infrastructure, including data management and data quality control
· Effective presentation and business engagement skills at senior executive level.
· Strong focus on quality control and attention to detail.
· Curious, with ability experience of speaking up and challenging perceived wisdom
· Excellent understanding of a wholesale credit business
· Post graduate qualifications in statistics, econometrics, mathematics or related quant field (MSc, PhD)
· Understanding of the regulatory (PRA/FSS/HKMA) environment and experience in dealing with regulators on complex technical issues will be highly regarded
· Exposure to developing and automating risk MIS / model performance monitoring
· Understanding of Portfolio/Capital and Market Risk models and tools would be highly regarded· Advanced VBA or other programming skills