Senior Manager, Operational Continuity In Resolution
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Make an impact every day with Trust, Data and Resilience (TDR)
Our TDR team sits within the Group Operations function and is responsible for mission-critical areas including cyber, information, data, privacy and resilience. These are challenges that impact our clients globally. Our TDR team develops the platforms, drives the processes and builds partnerships to benefit millions of people every day. They thrive in providing solutions to complex issues, devote time and energy to designing new and innovative solutions, and all in an environment that demands being risk-aware, not risk-averse. TDR chooses progress over perfection and aims to always participate with a constructive purpose. The team makes an impact wherever they are based, be it in our offices around the world, our Global Business Solution centres in China, India, Malaysia and Poland, or even from our home.
Now you have an opportunity to make a meaningful impact with a diverse and passionate team of creators, innovators and achievers. With us, you'll learn, be inspired, and make an impact every day. The success of our work hinges on how we use the unique diversity of our people to realise the effects we seek to achieve: Always on. Always safe. Always Simple. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Contribute to the successful implementation of the Resilience Strategy for the Bank, in particular in the Operational Continuity in Resolution (OCIR) pillar.
- Provide SME guidance and support to complete the annual update and review of OCIR country playbooks.
- Complete the annual Critical Economic Functions (CEF) review and EBA ITS submission for business & functions in country which includes data gathering, variance checks to ensure data accuracy (year on year comparison), providing and consolidating the appropriate commentary before obtaining business/CEO sign-offs.
- Provide SME guidance and support in country to assist the business, functions, country & group process owners to maintain up to date service catalogue mapping (including accurate mapping of the underlying operational assets in people, properties, systems, vendors etc.).
- Provide SME guidance and support to ensure all country Financial Market Infrastructures (FMI) requirements are met and activities completed.
- Connect with the business & functions as required to obtain relevant data points and commentary for annual/ad-hoc regulatory submissions and enquiries.
- As the OCIR Relationship Manager for Singapore, India, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam, perform the following activities:
- First line deliverables in BAU:
- Serve as first point of contact for all OCIR enquiries in country and support the implementation of key OCIR initiatives.
- Address queries on local recovery plan and provide OCIR data and inputs as required.
- Support all second & third line of defence activities in country as require
- Regulatory Requirement & Engagement
- Support Group Resilience OCIR and country Compliance teams to respond to regulatory enquiries including the consolidation and provision of relevant data points and commentary. Lead regulatory engagement if necessary.
- Engage with country compliance teams on a quarterly basis to check whether new regulations on OCIR have been issued. For new regulations, conduct gap analysis (escalate and mitigate non-compliance) and implement in country as required.
- Training & Awareness -
- Conduct training for country & group process owners to support them on service catalogue data mapping and validation.
- Conduct annual country CMT refresher training and briefing.
- Conduct ad-hoc training for OCIR playbooks, service catalogue, CEFs, FMI etc.
- Conduct quarterly OCIR Country Coordinator briefing.
- Support delivery of the annual OCIR Scenario exercise in applicable CMG country.
- Support Group Resilience OCIR Team's centrally led training & awareness campaigns.
- Double-hat as Singapore Country OCIR Coordinator to complete all country specific tasks. For the annual Singapore MAS 654 submission, provide SME guidance and support to update, consolidate and review all relevant OCIR sections/documents. In particular, conduct business and functions outreach to obtain the relevant data points, conduct variance checks to ensure data accuracy (year on year comparison), providing and consolidating the appropriate commentary before obtaining business/RRP and Country CEO sign-offs.
- Prepare OCIR dashboards for the region/countries on a monthly basis and highlighting risk items to key stakeholders (including escalation to NFRC, CRC and ERC as required).
- Address country level enquiries (including mitigation) on the OCIR dashboard.
- Support contract remediation efforts on outstanding contracts as highlighted in dashboard.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Provide regular status reporting on OCIR country deliverables and escalate non-compliance to the appropriate Resilience and Country forums as required.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Contribute to the TDR/Resilience/Operational Resilience function to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Head, Operational Continuity in Resolution (OCIR)
- Group Resilience OCIR Team
- Operational Resilience Geographies Team
- Group Resilience Risk & Governance Team
- Country CEOs & COOs
- Country RRP Teams
- Country CFOs
- Country OCIR Coordinators
- Group & Country Operational Risk
- Group & Country Internal Audit
- Absolute authority and knowledge of Operational Continuity in Resolution (OCIR).
- OCIR, Recovery & Resolution Planning, Finance or Resilience background with around 8 years of hand-on experience. Preferably from Banking industry with good operational risk background.
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines and with a high degree of autonomy and initiative.
- The bearing, temperament, and stakeholder management skills to manage relations with the Country, Business and TDR/Resilience key stakeholders, in particular, Country CEOs, COOs, CFOs, Recovery & Resolution Planning teams, Business Heads of Critical Economy Functions etc.
- Excellent communication in English (articulation, writing and presentation).
- Excellent data analytic skills - able to analyse data trends & independently assimilate, analyse, and evaluate information from large and disperse data sets.
- Strong knowledge of banking operations, broad understanding of banking industry, customers, functions, products and the regulatory requirements governing banking operations.
- An aptitude to acquire professional knowledge and educational accreditation in the other pillars in Operational Resilience (Business Continuity planning, Crisis Management, Third Party Resilience, Information & Cyber Resilience etc.)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.