Senior Manager, Operational Effectiveness, ERM Change
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The role is to ensure enterprise risk management framework and regulatory compliance for the processes owned by Enterprise Risk Management
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ensure adherence to the Bank's frameworks, policies and standards in identifying, assessing, monitoring and reporting of operational risks for the processes in ERM.
- Ensure key frameworks and policies (ORTF, DQMF, Model Risk, TPRM, Compliance Risk Type Framework, etc.) are implemented effectively within the department and provide quality assurance on the design of the control measures and monitoring plans
- Work with the respective Global Process Owners to ensure risks identified in the processes are mitigated via effective controls designed which are monitored at regular frequencies.
- Document potential failures, CAS and monitors for the processes in ERM in compliance with the Operational Risk Type Framework, OR policy and procedures
- Engage with the Group Operational Risk Officer(s) and Risk Framework Owners to ensure appropriate independent reviews have been completed and the feedback/gaps addressed by the Global process owners
- Represent the department in various forums / senior committees on all matters pertaining to Operational Effectiveness
- Reporting operational errors losses, events, performing root cause analysis along with Global process owners and escalating them to appropriate stakeholders/forums/committees.
- Act as the coordinator to ensure that all required attestations required for Prudential Compliance Framework are complied with and are submitted on time
- Project Management and delivery of key projects within the enterprise risk team
- Managing the team to ensure that all the above deliverables are completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Excellent understanding of Risk Management principles and tools
Business Strategy and Model:
- Excellent understanding of the risk process universe
Risk Management and Control:
- Proficient Excel skills for data mining / Word and PowerPoint skills for paper writing and presentations
- Good knowledge of Operational Risk Management principles
Governance, Oversight and Controls:
- Familiarity with Standard Chartered Bank framework, policies, standards, operations and committee structures
- Risk Governance Requirements
- Disciplined operator with commitment to high standards of personal and professional excellence coupled with strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Strong personal and professional presence and self-confidence, capable of working effectively with the executive team across all levels
- Dedicated individual with creative thinking skills and the ability to work independently
- Ability to understand processes and activities within portfolio risk and represent the team in senior forums
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.