- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 04 Nov 17
Senior Manager, Sec. Svcs. Business Continuity & Risk Mngt
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.The Securities Services Operations team consists of 890 staff across 34 locations in Asia, Africa and Middle East providing services for 54 markets. The Group Operations Efficiency team work with Country Operations, TB Product, Technology and Risk & Control teams to implement the target architecture, processes; controls and policies.
The candidate will be responsible for driving Operations efficiency for Securities Services - Funds Services and Custody & Clearing and the core responsiobility is the drive efficiencies within the end to end operational process.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of 10 covering the below responsibiliites.
- Define and propose solutions to automate or eliminate operations processes across Country and Hub Operational teams.
- Leverage industry best practice and seek insight into developing trends which will have a bearing on the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of the services being required.
- Participate in the development and deployment of a multi-year operational efficiency strategy that accelerates the progress & support the successful execution of Operations Efficiency across the organization.
- Provide support and guidance to Countries and Hubs.
- Fosters the global sharing of innovation, new methodologies and best practices.
- Support the transformation of Securities Services Operations, aligning to the Target Operating Model and ensure key initiatives are tracked and implemented as per schedule.
- Coordinate, as appropriate, with all stakeholders and business areas. Partner with all stakerholder business units.
- Provide leadership and Management to a team of subject matter experts located in SG, KL, Bangalore and responsible for the development of talent, building effective teams.
- Work with team members to achieve inter-sectional teamwork and total quality business unit.
- Perform other tasks which may be assigned from time to time by immediate superiors
- Ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, (including Sanctions Policy) guidelines, procedures, practices, and code of conduct imposed by the Company/Group.
- Contribute towards the future strategic direction and process innovation of Securities Services by keeping abreast of changes in customer needs, technology and business environment and taking pro-active steps to embrace and capitalize on these changes.
- Lead relevant steering committees, senior management sessions and any relevant Operational workshops that ensures standardisation of processes and implementation of group policies across Countries.
- Define and propose Operations solutions to support new client and new business implementations
- Partner with Transaction Banking Sales / Relationship Managers and Country teams to ensure the key services are being performed to the standard required.
- Attend Client visits where appropriate to ensure the client proposition is understood and resulting actions taken to improve & further develop the service offering.
Risk Management and Governance
- Working with Partners in Operational Risk continue to develop and strengthen the controls across Countries and Hubs and demonstrate oversight and governance for Securities Services Operations end-to-end.
- Work with Group partners in Operational Rsk and Compliance in understanding changes in Regulatory landscape and Operational risk policies and ensure that local Country operations are in compliance and that such requirements are tracked in the Group DOI.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct in the teams to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations.
- Attend relevant governance forums to ensure any defects or process dispensations are accurately recorded, understood & appropriate action taken.
- Identify potential risk associated with the functions and mitigate the risk by coming up with new ideas
Qualifications and Skills
- Candidate must have minimum 10 years of Securities Services Operations experience.
- Understanding of a custody environment, the nature of services provided, the client base and key associated risks.
- Track record in delivering continuous improvement. Proven Experience of driving and executing improvements within the Custody and Clearing Operatioanl Process.
- The ability to identify, assess, monitor, control and mitigate risks to the firm.
- The ability to assess the effectiveness of the firm's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30/11/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.