- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 25 Oct 17
Senior Mgr, EDMp Data Democratization
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We've built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
Democratize Data within the bank through solid understanding of what we have, Analyse the data for potential use cases and evangelise the usage of the Enterprise Data Management Platform for all banks information needs. The role will need to work closely with business stakeholders and Data standards team in understanding the consumption data patterns & requirements of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDM), and to build/maintain a user friendly data access layer and appropriate tools to enable democratization.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Champion the usage of the Enterprise Data within the bank and passionately defends its reputation and integrity
2. Build and Maintain a centralized Data and Service Catalogue for the Enterprise Data Management Program
3. Identify new Tools for Data Democratization, Machine learning and AI that will promote and improve data democratization within the bank
4. Conduct POC's and Pilot programs using cutting edge Big Data Technology to validate the feasibility and Proactively identify Data Quality issues and take ownership in their handling and resolution within the Enterprise Data warehouse
5. Guide the technology team in the Enterprise Data warehouse implementation and solution for complex data quality issues and scenarios
6. Responsible for stakeholder management and help collate data requirements for the design of the Enterprise data model
7. Participate in SIT/UAT meetings, review data related defects from business requirement perspective and provide inputs to development team on fixes;
8. Organize / Conduct user walk-through / training sessions on Big Data Tools, Data Models and Usage
9. Align with the bank process and standards and ensure there are no deviations
Qualifications and Skills
Skill / Experience Requirement:
* Passionate about data and curious to learn insights from what is available and 'raw'
* 6 to 12 years of Business/Data Analysis and/or Data Mapping/Modelling experience;
* 2 to 3 years experience in Evangelising Data and or Visualisation tools; Experience in evangelising data analytics/data science/BI tools within a large organisation preferred
* Strong Banking Domain knowledge and ability to Visualise business user requirements from analysis of data
* Strong people skills for effective stakeholder management, especially managing senior stakeholders
* Ability to communicate strategies, Design principles and processes around data integration, modelling and usage to Senior Stakeholders and cross functional groups
* Ability to articulate complex data issues to Senior stakeholders and influence the solution decisions in line with the Data Governance and Architecture principles
* Experience in Big Data platforms like Hadoop, Teradata with strong technical skills in writing and understanding complex queries; Knowledge/Experience in Hadoop technologies preferred
* Understands technology and how it is applied to business problems.
* Ability to work in a dynamic environment and willingness to work under pressure.
* Ability to multi task and balance the demands of various parties
* Strong and clear communication and written skills.
* Very quick learner with strong interest in banking and risk management and desire to acquire the knowledge and understanding of credit modelling, analytics and Basel II capital reporting.
* Excellent attention to detail and time management.
* Has Initiative, creativity and problem solving skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to liaise effectively with individuals at various levels of the organization
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.