Senior Officer, Operational Risk (1 year contract)
- Contract, Full time
- First Abu Dhabi Bank P.J.S.C. Singapore branch
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
First Gulf Bank (FGB) and National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) have merged, establishing the largest bank in the UAE with $183 billion in assets. NBAD opened its international representative office in Singapore in May 2007, and in August 2009 it was upgraded to a Wholesale Branch, offering a full suite of world class financial products and services. The Singapore Branch serves as the Bank’s regional office in Asia Pacific, providing financial services to both companies as well as financial institutions, and also seeks to leverage on the trade corridor spanning from Asia to the Middle East and Africa.
The role is responsible for assisting the Head of Compliance and Operational Risk to manage Operational Risk for FAB. Lead and support a robust operational risk management & control environment, through the effective implementation of the operational risk management and internal controls framework and governance.
- Take a strategic perspective towards managing Operational Risk across the institution
- Ensure that the risk and control environment is adequately represented in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) via the Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), and that all material risks in the various business processes have effective controls in place for mitigation.
- The identification of the inherent or residual risks, and the design of controls in the various SOPs and business processes, and to work with internal stakeholders and FAB HO Risk Management Unit (RMU) to ensure that they are embedded into the SOPs, and during the periodic update / maintenance of the SOPs.
- For material risk events risk events or losses, a root-cause analysis is carried out and that, along with the risk event owner that action plan is properly closed, and identifying the focal areas requiring management attention. The position is to also ensure that all near misses, risk events or losses, are reported in a timely manner and, captured in the Ops Risk Analyser System (“ORA”).
- Act as the Secretary to the Branch Risk Management Committee (“RMC”).
- Prepare and update Policies and Procedures owned by the Operational Risk Department.
- Maintain the List of Policies and Procedures for the bank.
- Ensures policy compliance and attestation from each policy owners to ensure that any partially compliant policies have clear dispensation and the right level of attention on remediation.
- Presentation of MIS, updates and reports for circulation to internal stakeholders and Senior Management and drive remediation plan.
- Working closely with team members in the Risk and Compliance functions and keep abreast of legislative and regulatory compliance updates and issues, and updates in their work, so as to be able to assist or act as a backup if required.
- Take full ownership of Outsourcing and Data Protection governance for Singapore branch. Liaise with the Business Units, IT and Operations Department on outsourcing matters, IT, business continuity and contingent planning and implementation to ensure that they comply and meet the standards and requirements required by the MAS. Provide advisory support to stakeholders for Outsourcing, ensuring that periodic assessments are completed on a timely basis.
- Providing on a monthly basis (frequency) operational risk matters to the FAB Singapore Senior Management and FAB H.O.
- Coordinate with Internal and External Auditors, and follow-up on outstanding Audit Findings relevant to the Operational Risk Department. Coordinate periodic reports on open Audit Findings which may need to be presented to Head Office and our regulator.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects or duties as assigned by the Head of Compliance.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years banking experience, with either Operational Risk or Audit background.
- Compliance experience is preferred but not mandatory
- A recognized diploma/degree in Business, Banking, Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Familiar with internal controls and banking operations, particularly anti-money laundering
- Good writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to analyse and research information.
- Self-starter, resourceful, independent, active team player and able to handle work pressures
- Flexible and adaptable in dealing with changes
- Able to thrive in ambiguity
- Strives for excellence in the face of challenges
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver consistent results
- Proficient with Microsoft excel and powerpoint