Senior Portfolio Manager, SSGA Fixed Income - VP
Who we are looking for
SSgA Fixed Income and Currency team is seeking to recruit a fixed income senior portfolio manager with a focus on Asian local currency bond investments to be located in Singapore Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Senior Portfolio Manager you will
What we value
- Managing Asian fixed income beta portfolios across various market sectors and delivering returns meeting clients expectations
- Review and ensure best practice of investment procedures and consistent investment process in line with global investment process
- Identify and develop innovative fixed income solutions and establish thought leadership in fixed income investment for clients in this region
- Contribute and share investment ideas with colleagues globally
- Collaborate with regional and global teams to implement key initiatives of the fixed income team, help drive to successful and timely completion of the initiatives
- Collaborate with client facing teams to help expand the reach of fixed income business in this region.
- Participate in client reviews and communication of our thought leadership in fixed income beta solutions
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong passion, experience and knowledge in fixed income portfolio management in Asian local fixed income markets
- Deep understanding of fixed income investment and ability to communicate, present clearly and effectively to colleagues and clients
- Demonstrable experience in fixed income analytic systems eg PORT, Charles River, Yield Book etc that will be transferrable to SSGA proprietary decision support platform
- Excellent analytical and Excel skills
- Degree qualified in numerate/financial discipline
- CFA qualified or undertaking CFA programme
- Minimum 7 years in fixed income portfolio management with a focus on Asian fixed income preferred
- IMC or equivalent exam recognized by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) for threshold competence desirable
- Asian language proficiency will be an advantage
• You will want to embrace the strong team culture within our group and be prepared to lead in certain initiatives or projects
• Practical ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely
• You will demonstrate a sense of ownership and accountability About State Street What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers