Senior Product Splst-Screening Product Mgmt
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
- Gain a thorough understanding of the FCC policies, procedures and the various systems involved.
- Be able to perform an end to end mapping of the flow of data from the source systems to the processing systems to the filtering systems and their flow back to the processing systems.
- Ongoing review of configuration settings for the filter to assess its effectiveness and efficiency
- Conduct regular sanity checks on the input as well as the output data in terms of reviewing the health and quality of the data involved and the relevance of the output received.
- Perform an end to end analysis and bridge any existing gap or discrepancies between the various host systems responsible to provide input data.
- Perform quality checks on such data and come up with recommendations to enhance/improve. Liaise with the various concerned stakeholders to understand the limitations (if any) and aid to implementation of suggested solutions for enhancing data quality.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of the filter output in terms of health/sanity checks, relevance of the matches generated in line with the Bank's risk tolerance standards, flag off anomaly noted and come up with suggestions to improve the filtering mechanism wherever applicable.
- Perform the mapping of the data points between the watch lists and the input system data. Analyse the mismatches so as to bridge any possible gaps that may result in either the desired output not getting generated on account of incomplete input data or less relevant/excess alerts getting triggered on account of weak quality of the data involved.
- Identify the basic data criteria required to ensure correct and consistent alert generation. Map these requirements to the different host systems which provide the data and ensure utmost compliance.
- Identify the pain points involved in terms of discrepancies in the data mapping and work with the concerned stake holders to minimize such discrepancies noted.
- Provide assistance in managing Audits and Regulatory Inspections relating to transaction screening
- Own and maintain Process / Procedures / DOIs of the system configuration set ups for the List Lab process.
- Assess and understand risk profiles of products, channels and customers so as to ensure effective and efficient data mapping for various Business Segments
- Be a product manager for Silent Eight AI / ML tool. Responsible for BAU management of this tool, to feed in optimization ideas and work with the vendor and the internal stakeholders for all new deliveries.
- Manage and run project roll outs including definition of requirements, ensuring robust testing of delivery
- Maintain a robust channel of communication with FCC teams to facilitate a feedback loop to ensure quality and efficiencies of the systems & processes deployed.
- Keep track of emerging regulatory expectations in terms of transaction screening and evaluate the present state of infrastructure and processes of the organization against this
- Develop, deploy and maintain the OR obligations
People and Talent
- This role will assist Head of Screening Product & Watchlist Management in ensuring that the Screening system operates in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements and all Group standards relating to Screening, Anti Money Laundering, Sanctions, and ABC, so as to protect and enhance the reputation of the Bank with its regulators and avoid significant financial loss or reputational damage.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Help promote, lead and manage, throughout the Business, the culture and practice of Financial Crime risk management within the letter and spirit of UK Law. This also includes local Laws and Regulations, UK regulations and in accordance with Group Standards
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Represent the FCC Product Management team for issues concerning screening solution with the relevant stakeholders, such as FCC Operations, Product Management teams, Technology stakeholders, vendors (SWIFT, Fircosoft & Silent Eight), Sanctions, Business Segments, Products, FCC Advisory Functions.
Our Ideal Candidate Required
- Design and develop MI and KPI reports which would be able to provide an overview of the operations and risks in the transaction screening space
- +7 years of experience.
- Proven experience in Sanctions Compliance, AML / Transaction Surveillance
- Proven track record of managing change and delivery
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong project management and reporting skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Independent worker with strong presence as a team-player
- Professional, highly adept at problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Must demonstrate a "can do" attitude
- Strong MS Office skills (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Visio)
- Professional certification
- Experience and knowledge of SWIFT and other payment messaging protocols
- Prior experience in managing Sanctions Compliance Programs
- Prior experience in Microsoft is a primary requirement, Detica or other screening infrastructure could be secondary.
- Prior experience and knowledge of SWIFT and other payment messaging protocols.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.