Senior Project Manager
- Neg SGD
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Fortitude Partnership , EA Licence No: 17S8587
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Candidate with 8+ years prior experience in a managing client facing, vendor software implementations in either Regulatory Reporting or Collateral Management business areas. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company and industry leader in the financial services industry. This business delivers industry leading solutions and services for regulatory reporting, collateral management, trade valuation and processing, financial crime detection and liquidity risk management.
We are currently recruiting a hybrid role combining client facing, hands on project management with the ability to lead the initial Business Analysis phase. This person will oversee several projects simultaneously over the full project life-cycle. Responsibilities will include the management of solution implementation, managing and strengthening relationships with clients, motivating/managing project team members on a day to day basis, and providing regular communication and visibility to senior management. The project manager will also assist in pre-sales activities such as scope definition in sales meetings with prospective clients that are made up of Banks, Hedge Funds, Fund Administrators, Asset Managers, Energy Companies and Insurance Companies.
The candidate will also be expected to participate in an on-going program to improve internal processes. This position is based in Singapore and reports to the Head of Professional Services, APAC. The candidate is required to work closely with other team members globally such as sales, client services, technical support and product management.
Role & Responsibilities
- Managing simultaneous projects, such as new client implementations or system upgrades.
- Leading client workshops to identify data requirements and how they map to the company data model
- Analyse client’s requirements in order to document and write business requirements for developers and BAs
- Motivating and managing available resources with the intention of meeting agreed project deadlines.
- Ensuring a high level of Client Service with the ability to maintain good working relationships internally
- Provide written and verbal updates on a regular basis to key stake holders and upper management
- Assist in pre-sales activities, such as scope definition and sales meetings.
- Provide/negotiate project plans and statements of work.
- Expected to assist in on-going program to improve internal processes.
- Educated to degree level
- Prince 2/PMI/PMP certification
- 8+ years project management experience with either Bank Regulatory Reporting or Collateral Management space
- Extensive experience in working either at a leading FinTech Vendor or at a Financial Institution in either Regulatory Reporting or Collateral Management Departments
- Experience of managing both fixed price and T&M projects
- Excellent people management, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong decision-making and organizational skills, solid experience of analysis and design processes/methodologies and experience of defining and monitoring quality
- A willingness to travel
- Excellent client relationship building skills is very important. Candidate must also have the interpersonal skills to interact appropriately during the sales process and when handling client issues, trouble-shooting production issues, or responding to queries.
- Recent experience working in a client implementation and support analyst role for a software provider of solutions to the financial industry would be a plus.
- Knowledge of back and mid office applications in the financial services industry would be very helpful.
- Candidate must be flexible and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and take ownership to follow assignments through to resolution.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Experience and interest working in a small to medium sized firms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable visiting client sites and presenting to small or medium size groups.
- There will be the requirement to work as part of a Global team which may mean being available outside of standard Singapore business hours.
English - Essential
Mandarin - Advantageous
EA Reg No: R1113812
EA License No: 17S8587