The Project Manager will manage and oversee a series of projects on Digital Affinity (web/mobile applications) from initiation to implementation, working with stakeholders, technical lead, vendor, QA team, project members, business sponsors and business representatives to jointly design, develop and implement digital affinity and partner solutions. The Project Manager is required to plan, manage, execute and track the progress of concurrent projects, to bring the projects to their successful completion within budget and timeline.
- Own and be responsible for the successful delivery of projects, ensuring they are completed on time, meeting requirements and within allocated budget.
- Manage project lifecycle, from requirement, design, technical construction, testing, acceptance, training, documentation and implementation, in accordance with Great Eastern’s Project Management Process and Methodology.
- Participate in pre-project activities such as estimation of project efforts, project budgeting, preparation of high level project plan with project timeline and resource requirements, and staffing and organization of the project team.
- Plan, coordinate and communicate project plan, timeline and activities to the project team.
- Work closely with the group of key business owners and source systems SMEs, IT Architecture, IT Risk & Compliance, IT Security and QA on the agreed project objectives.
- Monitor and track progress of projects and stay on top of the projects to ensure smooth execution.
Manage and coordinate project deliverables, ensuring their quality and configuration management.
- Analyse and highlight project risks and develop necessary risk mitigation plans.
- Analyse and highlight project dependencies to pre-empt project issues.
- Maintain project issue register to keep close match of the project issues till their resolution.
- Manage performance of the project team, guide the project team in resolving issues, and resolve conflicts within the project team.
- Manage stakeholder’s expectation by understanding customers' needs and providing realistic expectations and scope of the projects.
- Manage and work closely with vendors, business partners and data centre involved in projects.
- Provide periodic update on project progress to project sponsors and escalate project issues not resolvable not project team level.
- Provide periodic update on project progress to project sponsors and escalate project issues not resolvable to project team level and PSC team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or IT related disciplines.
- Certified Project Manager, either PMP or PRINCE2, with at least 10 years of experience in managing IT projects and software/application development lifecycles, Scrum Certified.
- Experienced in the implementation of customer facing web/mobile application for at least 5 years will be advantageous.
- Experience in projects related to Identity Access Management or IT application security is an advantage.
- Familiarity in software development projects involving web/mobile technologies (E.g. Java, C#, HTML5, NodeJS, AngularJS) or native/hybrid mobile application framework, such as Cordova, IBM MFP, ReactNative, etc. is an advantage.
- Understanding all aspects of the software life cycle, using Agile or Waterfall software development practices.
- Strong delivery management experience, with proven track records in managing and steering projects towards smooth execution and on time delivery.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in use of project management and collaboration tools is required (E.g. Microsoft Project, Confluence, Jira Software, Kanban Boards, etc.)
- Excellent in verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, effective in fostering teamwork and managing high performance project team.