Senior Project Manager, IT - Corporate Systems
To manage the Corporate Systems in delivering projects, system enhancements and support business-as-usual operations. The Job
- To manage the Corporate Systems to ensure systems meet business SLA.
- Work with business users and various team leader within IT to define business needs and objectives of new application system or enhancement to existing systems.
- To manage project scheduling, budget, tracking issue and change management throughout project lifecycle.
- Possess ability to manage various parties such as stakeholder, subject matter expert, third party vendor, contractor, project team and business user.
- Manage and co-ordinate the activities of a team of system development, maintenance and support.
- To provide regular and up-to-date status reports to stakeholders.
- To ensure all audit issues and project risks are managed to meet resolution deadlines.
- To embrace and inculcate the IT department set of vision, mission, values.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Degree in Computer related studies or Information Technology.
- Relevant certification in Project Management , CITPM / PMP preferred.
- Minimum 8 years working experience, with at least 5 years as a Project Manager.
- Strong competency in communication , including spoken , written and presentation.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Proven track record in leading and managing a team of developers, vendor and contracts.
About Great Eastern
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
Established in 1908, Great Eastern places customers at the heart of everything we do. Our legacy extends beyond our products and services to our culture, which is defined by our core values and how we work. As champions of Integrity, Initiative and Involvement, our core values act as a compass, guiding and inspiring us to embrace the behaviours associated with each value, upholding our promise to our customers - to continue doing our best for them in a sustainable manner.
We work collaboratively with our stakeholders to look for candidates who exhibit or have the potential to embrace our core values and associated behaviours, as these are the key traits that we expect from our employees as they develop their careers with us.
We embrace inclusivity, giving all employees an equal opportunity to shine and play their role in exploring possibilities to deliver innovative insurance solutions.
Since 2018, Great Eastern has been a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Principles of Sustainable Insurance. Our sustainability approach around environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations play a key role in every business decision we make. We are committed to being a sustainability-driven company to achieve a low-carbon economy by managing the environmental footprint of our operations and incorporating ESG considerations in our investment portfolios; improving people's lives by actively helping customers live healthier, better and longer; and drive responsible business practices through material ESG risk management. To all recruitment agencies:
Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please note that our career opportunities are only posted on our Career Website (http://grp.gelife.co/findacareer) and on our authorised job platforms which are specifically LinkedIn, JobStreet and eFinancialCareers. We do not initiate any unsolicited calls and all official emails from Great Eastern will be sent from email addresses ending with “@greateasternlife.com”. Should you receive any communications outside from these channels listed, please do not provide any personal information and do reach out to us at GreatCareers@GreatEasternLife.com or at 6248 2990 for us to assist you and confirm the legitimacy of the content.