- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 09 Sep 17
Senior Project Manager (Securities Services)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.A Senior Project Manager with related domain experience in a Transaction Banking: Securities Services (Custody, Settlements, Clearing, Reference Data, Fund Accounting, Post Trade Compliance) is required to define and execute investment projects which look to aid business growth (revenue, geographic, volume), improve client satisfaction, streamline processes, increase STP, replace legacy technology and reduce operational risk. The role will involve all standard aspects of formal project management with a strong focus on delivery in a matrix environment and stakeholder management with sales, product development and operations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Defining and refining the project plan and project strategy from high level requirements through to detailed project execution and completion.
- Ownership of End-to-end (technical and non-technical) delivery against project requirements.
- Stakeholder management, ensuring all project communications are timely, accurate, and professionally structured to meet varying stakeholder needs.
- Ensuring all elements of the project have strong hygiene, meeting internal project audit and compliance standards.
- Implement robust project financial management.
- Implement and manage a robust and balanced project risk register taking ownership for risk resolution, mitigation, and escalation plans.
- Implement appropriate project structures to ensure smooth and consistent delivery towards defined project milestones.
- Build strong project team working environment and relationships, managing, and actively resolving conflicts.
- Lead relevant steering committees, senior management sessions and any relevant workshops.
- Implementing and managing a strong benefits tracking and traceability process within the project.
- Proactively manage vendors and internal/offshore teams to delivery milestones and quality parameters.
Qualifications and Skills
- Project Management PMP or equivalent qualification.
- Experience managing analysis streams and virtual / matrix management of technology delivery functions both offshore and with vendors.
- Deep & proven experiences as a project manager (10 years) across the Securities Services domain at a leading financial institution (SCB, Citi, HSBC, BONY, BOA, etc.).
- Proven Securities Services business knowledge (10 years) of end-to-end processes (Custody, Fund Accounting, Post Trade Compliance, Securities Lending, etc.)
- Proven vendor management experience (contracts/sourcing, negotiation, delivery, resourcing).
- Proven experience in developing, managing and refining project strategy papers.
- Proven experience in successfully completing complex deliveries with interfacing teams across different sectors of the financial institution.
- Proven experience in managing scope where requirements and priorities could be dynamic.
- Proven experience of working and managing within Asia
- Must have: dynamic and driven approach to workloads: ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines; capable of building relationships in multi-cultural, multi-geographical environments
- Desirable: Domain expertise across the securities services/custodian space with special focus on settlements, clearing and reference data.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.