Senior Project Manager , IT - Operations Systems
As a Project Manager, this candidate is responsible to supervise, advise, develop and maintain application systems which are used by business operation units to achieve company objectives.
• Work with user's project leader and various team leader within IT to define business needs and objectives of new application system development or enhancement to existing systems.
• Review and advice in planning, directing, controlling, safe guarding, risk evaluation, budgeting, feasibility study, development, maintenance and implementation of system development activities.
• Manage and co-ordinate the activities of a team of system development, maintenance and support staffs.
• Manage and monitor the project development and progress to ensure completion on agreed schedules.
• Control and management resources across projects.
• Prepare RFPs, assess proposals from vendors and recommend the solution best meeting business needs and objectives.
• Manage vendor deliverables.
• Ensure system development process and system output are conforming to regulation requirements and guidelines.
• Assist in developing department's business plan and budget in align with other business units and company goals.
• Identify training needs and career development of staffs.
• Ability to conduct Project Steering Committee independently.
• Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
• Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
• Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.