Senior Security Specialist
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 22 Oct 17
Do you have a knack for information security? Are you at your best when you need to analyze information security related incidents? We're looking for someone like that to:
– analyze malware samples to understands its characteristics and define signatures or indicators of compromise for detecting malware presence
– act upon threat intelligence provided by Cyber Threat Intelligence function
– respond to Information Security related queries
– enhance and tune the rule sets for Security Incident and Event Monitor (SIEM) and Network Intrusion detection system (NIDS) to identify security incidents and reduce false positives
– investigate indicators of compromise (IOCs) provided by Cyber Threat Intelligence or the Cyber Hunter function
– handling incidents – encompassing multiple functions: detection and identification, incident triage, network and host-based forensic analysis, root-cause analysis, containment, system hardening, etc.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working in the security operations center team in Singapore. The security operations center is a global team with people in Singapore, Hyderabad, Zurich and New Jersey. We are involved in different type of information security incidents (phishing, malware, denial of service, inappropriate usage and unauthorized access). We are a young and empowered team who always drives for continuous improvement.
Your experience and skills
– a natural ability to solve complex issues with both analytical and lateral thinking
– demonstrated ability to proactively hunt for anomalous and potentially malicious activity in log data
– a Master's degree in a STEM field with 3+ years of relevant experience; Bachelor's degree in a STEM field with 5+ years of relevant experience; or 9+ years of incident response, malware analysis, and threat detection
– hands-on experience with content development and use-case management
– proficient in log parsing and analysis (REGEX is a must)
– moderate to advanced understanding of DDoS attacks and mitigation techniques
– must be proficient with x86 and x64 assembly, disassemblers, and debuggers
– hands-on experience with Volatility or similar malware analysis tools
– demonstrable proficiency in static and dynamic malware analysis
– familiar with Windows SysInternals Suite
– demonstrable proficiency in code de-obfuscation and anti-forensic techniques
– fluency in at least one compiled language (C, C++, etc.) and one scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.)
– an advanced understanding of the TCP/IP stacks (knowing the difference TCP and UDP is not enough)
– PASSIONATE about security
– a confident communicator that can explain technology to non-technical audiences
– someone who can constantly challenge the status quo for the sake continuous improvement
– capable of understanding client needs and translating them into products and services
– fluent in English
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.