- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 15 Sep 17
Senior Software Engineer (Java Swing)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.FM eCommerce has defined an exciting strategy and aggressive multi-year year product roadmap. The Financial Markets eCommerce system developments team is a specialist team of individuals hired to design, develop and enhance proprietary systems that will differentiate the bank in it's core markets. eCommerce systems will be aimed at numerous customer markets including:- external customers via the internet, sophisticated customers via API/point-to-point connectivity, internal users trading on behalf of customers around the globe and finally connectivity into multi-dealer platforms.
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part a large multi-asset ecommerce trading system development team that is distributed between Singapore and London. A successful candidate is expected to:
Key Roles and Responsibilities
A successful candidate is expected to:
- Work on GUI development for investment projects, as well as BAU enhancements and bug fixes. There may be need to work outside normal office hours occasionally in order to support the production environment.
- Work with teams spread across infrastructure, product development, support, test, and the front office
- Participate in ecommerce product requirements discussions.
- Participate in the development of all aspects of product delivery including design documents, functional specifications, and component build
- Make active contributions to the evolving architecture and proactively suggest improvements.
- Ensure senior IT management is aware of any risks issues in a timely manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DELIVERABLES:
- Take responsibility for the system component design and build, ensuring application release quality
- Ensure developed code is fully tested through automated unit tests, if none are present, write new ones.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders
- Adhere to SCB development practices
- Manage application support handover to global support teams
- Maintain and enhance the code base after project go-live
- Build relationships with fellow developers inside/outside Financial Markets.
- Advocate delivery excellence, ensuring application release quality
Qualifications and Skills
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or its equivalent.
- Preferably those with 1 to 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Also Open to Fresh Graduate with strong interest in coding.
- Cognizant of architecture and heuristics for the dissemination of market data and other real-time information.
- Knowledge of all aspects of software design and development including the judicious use of domain specific languages and code generation techniques
- Working understanding of SQL and simple DDL operations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to interact with business representatives.
- UNIX / Linux development experience.
- Excellent grasp of multi threaded, low latency, high throughput development in Java Swing, Java Collection Classes / Generics programming, core Java 1.4.2/ 1.5+,
- Understanding of ecommerce product workflow across front office and middle office tiers
- Good understanding of price discovery, deal acceptance, and position management approaches across the Fixed Income OTC product space, including FX, IRS, and Bonds
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.