Senior Software Engineer, Portfolio Management Technology
Point72 A career with Point72's Technology team
As Point72 reimagines the future of investing, our Technology group is constantly improving our company's IT infrastructure, positioning us at the forefront of a rapidly evolving technology landscape. We're a team of experts experimenting, discovering new ways to harness the power of open source solutions, and embracing enterprise agile methodology. We encourage professional development to ensure you bring innovative ideas to our products while satisfying your own intellectual curiosity. What you'll do
You will use your programming expertise to advance the performance of our risk management systems, valuation engines, and analytic capabilities within the Risk department. We use innovative technology to develop our solutions and you will play an integral part in the success of our team. In this role you will:
- Build analytical tools on a next generation technology platform to facilitate rapid, ad-hoc understanding of performance and risk for portfolio managers, senior management, risk managers and analysts
- Develop quantitative understanding of risk to anticipate the requirements of our team
- Innovate and improve our capabilities to deliver high quality products to our business partners
- Solve complex and challenging problems through the application of creative and unique solutions using the latest technology
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards
- Technical training in CS or related field with 5+ years of programming experience
- Awesome team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills (with peers and clients)
- Problem solver with deep understanding of core computer science algorithms and data structures
- Looking for Candidates with a mix of these skillsets (C#, Python, NodeJS/React and SQL)
- Experience in designing, building and delivering end to end software solutions
We take care of our people
- Prior experience in the banking or hedge fund industry, working with Risk VaR/Stress systems and/or Fixed Income Valuation/Trading systems.
- Working knowledge of data science technologies: Machine Learning, Tensorflow etc.
- Working knowledge of web architectures and technologies: node, React, Angular, D3, graphql etc.
- Working knowledge of cloud ready architectures and technologies: Microservice Architecture, Streaming, Serialization protocols, NoSQL and in memory database etc
We invest in our people, their careers, their health, and their well-being. We want you to concentrate on success and leave the rest to us. When you work here, we provide:
- Medical and Life Insurance benefits
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Tuition assistance
- Mandatory Provident Fund
Point72 Asset Management is a global firm led by Steven Cohen that invests in multiple asset classes and strategies worldwide. Resting on more than a quarter-century of investing experience, we seek to be the industry's premier asset manager through delivering superior risk-adjusted returns, adhering to the highest ethical standards, and offering the greatest opportunities to the industry's brightest talent. We're inventing the future of finance by revolutionizing how we develop our people and how we use data to shape our thinking. For more information, visit www.Point72.com/working-here .
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.