Senior Splunk Engineer
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 22 Sep 17
Do you like design complex solutions? Are you passionate about machine data? Do you know how to make decisions and take charge of putting them into action? We're looking for someone like that to help us:
• integrate data sources into Splunk
• extract meaning and value from Splunk data
• engineer large scale Splunk clusters ingesting terabytes of data
• analyse business requirements, and design/implement solutions
• fix productions issues beyond the scope of the operations team
• Support the integration of Splunk with other tools in the bank
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working in the new Splunk Engineering team being built in Nashville. We provide Splunk expertise across the bank covering everything from platform engineering, through data onboarding and dashboard development.
Your experience and skills
• exposure to large-scale Splunk Enterprise installations
• a deep understanding of Splunk fundamentals (you know your cooked from your uncooked data)
• experience of indexer and search head clustering
• recent Splunk certification, preferably to Architect level
• strong technical analytical and problem-solving skills within a diverse set of technical system
• a strong team player who takes initiative
• passionate about finding the best way to build and operate large scale environments
• Outstanding verbal and written communication in English is a must.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.