Senior Staff Software Engineer - Innovation Lab - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa opened its Singapore Innovation Center in 2016; a showcase center that helps Visa to demonstrate the art of the possible for clients and partners.
You will be joining an awesome full stack team where we mix backend, frontend, and full stack engineers to build great things together.
You will be working side by side with our Innovation team, which is a global client facing organization that sets Visa's public innovation agenda, develops commercial partnerships with industry leading brands and platform providers, and promotes hands on incubation and rapid prototyping.
The Visa Innovation Center is looking for a technologist who can turn great ideas into code, quickly, and with high quality, and more importantly, empower others to do so through mentorship, guidance, and technical direction.
You will design and develop apps on existing and emerging platforms (mobile, web, chatbots, digital assistants, IoT, etc), as well as integration using traditional full-stack technologies like Node.js, Angular JS, and Java Spring. You will be contributing to the quality of code produced by less experienced members of the team as well, coaching them to improve their output and develop their own careers.
You will work in an agile development environment, with the expectation to lead projects from end to end.
We don't expect an expert in everything, but someone with a variety of skills, a strong technical mind and an eagerness to learn new technologies. Through your career, you should have become an expert in at least one or more technology stacks already.
This is a challenging and exciting role and we want a skilled individual who can bring technical talent, and an ability to tie it to business goals and product vision. Qualifications Responsibilities
- Responsible for the quality and delivery of the innovation center projects including API services and/or mobile apps, including the
- Responsible for improving the quality of work of junior team members through mentoring and coaching.
- Design solutions and communicate effectively to business and technical audiences, acting as the lead from the technology side.
- Be responsible for adoption of best practices in code health, testing, scalability and maintainability.
- Engage with code review, pair programming, architecture and data model design sessions, and other team activities to drive improvements in delivery.
- Able to rapidly build mobile apps based on loose / incomplete business requirements, working with UX designers and product managers to refine things as they are built.
Outputs include but are not limited to:
Qualifications Minimal Qualifications
- First and foremost, clean, working code, with proper testing and error handling.
- Functional & technical requirements documents.
- Clear and concise documentation including technical requirements, interface descriptions and installation instructions.
- Bachelor's (or above) in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ Years Professional experience in software development.
- Working knowledge of Node.js, experience with other frameworks like Angular, React, Ember, etc.
- Strong at Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, efficiency, functional programming, concurrency & performance optimization.
- Expert knowledge of software engineering fundamentals such as unit testing, integration testing, microservices architecture, system design, etc.
- Strong communication and written skills, ability to communicate your ideas with others.
- Comfortable working in an agile development environment, eager to learn new technologies.
- ·Experience managing continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Knowledge of managing complex systems in AWS.
- Working knowledge of at least 1 mobile platform either iOS or Android using Swift or Kotlin.
- Financial services and/or payments processing industry experience is a plus.