- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
- 17 Dec 17
Senior System Specialist (Wintel Team Lead)
Senior System Specialist (Wintel Team Lead)About OCBC
Having purpose and making a real impact drives what we do at OCBC, for our customers, colleagues and the community. People count on us to deliver an amazing banking experience, but more importantly one that is uncomplicated and complements their changing lifestyle and business needs. Our employees are the architects that make this all possible; they are high performing individuals and teams, experts in their field and above all believe in our purpose and commitment to customers.
Our community of game changers at OCBC builds for the future; think Ambitious goals, act with a strong Belief and execute with Courage and agility to drive impact. These ABCs sit at the centre of our culture of change and innovation. Be a Senior System Specialist (Wintel Team Lead) at OCBC, and join our community of game changers.
What you'll do:
The Wintel Team Lead is to act as an escalation point for all technical issues; the Wintel Team Lead is required to take ownership of issues through to resolution. Working closely with team members, the role encompasses all areas of Infrastructure. Ensuring other team members are involved and skilled in more technical areas, the Specialist is also expected to provide excellent communication and customer service to all areas of the business.
- Collaborate and work with the team to develop technical solutions, plans and configuration, in response to requirements from Business and Application teams. Deliver to the deployment team for execution.
- Establish configuration standard and design guideline for Windows and system software, covering availability, performance, resilience, monitoring, backup and recovery functional areas.
- Provide technical assistance to development team and operation teams.
- Troubleshoot and drive system recovery. Escalate problems with actual or potential major impact to problem management. Perform root cause analysis and ensure planned actions are carried out to prevent recurrence. Must be proactive and possess a sense of urgency during service recovery.
- Lead and control the delivery of system & resident engineer.
- Ensure the supportability of the OS and system software. Plan and lead upgrade projects.
- Review and approve change requests. Supervise execution for major change.
- Conduct performance analysis, tuning, automate system operation, capacity planning & performance management.
- Track and drive patch management & software upgrades to ensure continuous supportability.
- Manage backup and recovery & conduct asset management.
- Design and control access plans and matrix for infrastructure services and support personnel. Perform regular access review and validation.
- Establish adequate monitoring to ensure efficient and reliable service delivery.
- Apply new technology and process to improve system supportability, recoverability, availability and performance.
- Provide operational excellence and skills on OS and system software support.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to help develop less experienced engineers.
- Support audit and compliance activities.
What you bring:
- Minimum 5 years system support experience on Windows platform.
- Hands -on experience on VMWare, Office365 & cloud-based platforms.
- Worked in a leadership role for minimum 3 years.
- Regional experience is preferred.
- Possess good technical knowledge in implementing, troubleshoot, performance tuning of Windows hardware, operating system and system services.
- Data communication, network knowledge & Information security knowledge is an added advantage.
- Experience in middleware and application execution in the LINUX environment is an added advantage.