• US MNC; Listed • Semiconductor Industry • Manage all direct and indirect tax compliance and tax planning within the Asia region.
Our client is a US MNC actively expanding its footprint in the Asia region.
- Establish effective and efficient processes to ensure timely and comprehensive management of all tax matters within the Asia region.
- Manage direct and indirect tax compliance and tax planning within the Asia region; administer the tax concession program in various countries, support U.S. income tax accounting and reporting, and employment tax where applicable.
- Be a trusted Business Partner for our Asia business operations, providing tax guidance on new business initiatives, proposed transactions and projects, where needed.
- Ensure accurate and timely tax reporting for each legal entity.
- Ensure compliance with the tax concession programs.
- Partner closely with the business leaders and identify tax planning opportunities.
- Prepare/review/compile quarterly income tax accrual calculations for all Asia entities
- Support U.S. tax provision every quarter, and provide timely details needed for U.S. tax return.
- Ensure compliance with income tax withholding rules on cross-border payments.
- Assist with transfer pricing matters and provide guidance on intercompany transactions.
- Support tax audits of entities in the region, as needed.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting/Finance. Qualified/Chartered Accountant preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant tax experience
- Detail-oriented, organized, with high ownership and accountability
- Experience working with Asia-based GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP
- Good understanding of U.S. tax system will be an advantage.
- Strong communication skills.