Senior Technical Architect
In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It's time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential. Want to be a part of our team?
The Senior Technical Architect works with colleagues and contributes to the development and design of complex solutions based on their technical knowledge across two or more technology domains. The individual in this position is required to complete the overall technical design and build of the large, complex elements of the solution to meet a client's business requirements.
\"Provides primarily pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions. Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions. May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions. May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client. May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation. Report only those incumbents with incentives not tied to product sales.\" Working at NTT Key roles and responsibilities:
Knowledge, skills and attributes
- Provides detailed and specific advice regarding the application of their specialism(s) to the organisation's planning and operations.
- Responsible for solution design, business development and transition of projects from presales to delivery as well as ongoing sales support.
- Select and apply appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with the agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensure that these are effectively applied and adopted.
- Guide successful implementation and execution of system solutions.
- Contributes to the development of solution architectures in specific business, infrastructure or functional areas.
- Map business processes and relationships clearly, in line with the solution features, and ensure that the recommended approach supports the overall scope of the solution.
- Designs components using appropriate modelling techniques following agreed architectures, design standards, patterns and methodology.
- Provides pre-sales technical support and expertise in analysing client requirements, in conjunction with the client's current infrastructure, architecture, system capabilities and business challenges.
- Responsible for influencing and guiding members of the Sales team to ensure that they are equipped to close deals.
- Provides input to the requirements baseline and investigates, manages and applies authorised requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in line with change management policy.
- Develop the technical design document to match the solution design specifications.
- Lead the scope of work determination, product pricing and RFP/RFI responses and assist with the decision to pursue or abort a deal.
- Manages client proof of concept (POC) initiatives, which require appropriation of appropriate resources, and setup and delivery of the POC.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to junior Technical Architects
Academic qualifications and certifications:
- Good product knowledge integrated with deep technology understanding
- Solid understanding of the vendor's products, business and technology positioning
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to establish and create excellent client relationships with their technical expertise
- Ability to develop and leverage their knowledge of reference architectures
- Continuously maintain knowledge of trends and development in technology domains
- Deep and specialist knowledge of the problem domain that their systems are to provide solutions for
- Demonstrated knowledge in core frameworks used
- Qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science or Information Systems
- Certification and working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, SOA, ITIL, COBIT, etc.)
- Relevant vendor and industry certifications, e.g. Cisco, Microsoft, Oracle,
- Software and programming languages, e.g. C++
- SAFe Scaled Agile certification advantageous
What will make you a good fit for the role?
- Strong track record as a developer and architect of new systems/solutions
- Demonstrated work experience working as a systems administrator or network engineer
- Proven client engagement and development consulting experience
- Experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
- Extensive experience in a variety of architectures for specific domain or specialization
- Experienced designer and development know-how
- Good project management experience
- Demonstrated experience presenting technical solutions to non-technical audiences
- Experience working in an agile development environment
Standard career level descriptor for job level:
• Have wide-ranging experience
• Uses professional concepts and company objectives to solve complex issues in creative ways
• Networks with others outside own area of expertise
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to obtain results
• May coordinate others' activities
• Typically requires significant related experience with a Bachelor's or equivalent degree Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with us. Apply today. Equal opportunity employer
NTT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category.