I am working with global commodity trading client who is looking for an experienced technical infrastructure application engineer. This role is based in Singapore, located in CBD. You will join the infrastructure team and work closely with the team in Europe. No night or weekend shifts. Working hours from 9am to 6pm Mon-Fri.
The main role is to support and troubleshoot technical application and software issue, in order to provide product resolutions for IT infrastructure and business needs.
Besides that, you will be heavily involved in automation with Ansible software and become one of the technical experts for Ansible ecosystem & DevOps practices within the organization, providing solutions and technical implementation aligned with the automation program objectives. You will develop Ansible artefacts, troubleshoot issues and work on implementing configuration management roadmap of the organization
- Understand and remediate complex issues and topologies of large enterprises.
- Develop and maintenance of Ansible playbooks and modules.
- Define and setup the process for managing developed playbooks.
- Administer infrastructure, perform maintenance and configuration and provide support.
- Scripts creation and troubleshooting.
- Provide advice and recommendation to improve the standards and policies related to technical application support for the platform environment.
- Provide technical support to IT around automation and infrastructure solution usage.
- Past experience using Ansible for cloud/on premises environments and their supporting infrastructures.
- Intermediate-level scripting in Bash or PowerShell. Experience in other scripting languages is advantageous.
- Intermediate-level RHEL, Ubuntu, Windows 2012 and Windows 2016 System Administration.
- Broad and intermediate-level technical experience with one or more virtualization, cloud and containerization technologies like VMware vSphere, Docker and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Base knowledge of understanding and implementation of RESTful, SOAP and SDK APIs.
- Knowledge of container management and orchestration tools.
Nice to have:
Terraform experience is a bonus.
Knowledge of middleware and database technology.