Senior Technical Manager, Accounting Standards Council
The Accounting Standards Council (ASC) is the independent accounting standards setting body that is entrusted by the Singapore Government with the statutory responsibility of prescribing accounting standards that promote investor, market and public confidence in the financial reporting of companies, charities, co-operative societies and societies in Singapore.
We are looking for candidates with an aspiration of shaping developments in accounting standards setting to join the ASC Secretariat as Senior Technical Manager. Responsibilities
As a key position in the ASC Secretariat, this role provides technical accounting specialist support to the ASC and contributes to the overall achievement of the ASC's statutory objectives. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage technical accounting projects. This includes obtaining stakeholder feedback, performing research and analysis, and developing comments on accounting standards consultation documents.
- Organise and provide technical accounting input to focus group discussions and stakeholder outreaches of the ASC.
- Monitor emerging issues in accounting standards, support the ASC in formulating a Singapore position, and engage the staff of International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) on the Singapore position.
- Provide support to, or participate as a member of, the ASC delegation in the meetings of the IASB, international and regional accounting standards setting bodies, and other accounting bodies.
- Participate in joint proactive accounting research work with international, regional and local stakeholders.
- Professional training in Accountancy.
- At least 10 years of working experience, inclusive of senior managerial role, in the application, interpretation and analysis of accounting standards.
- Able to lead and manage technical professionals within the organisation.
- Able to lead/support the ASC engagement with various stakeholder groups in the financial reporting and accounting standards setting community.
- Good technical accounting knowledge and writing skills are essential.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Advertised:
28 Feb 2020 Applications close:
31 May 2020