Senior Technology Control Officer
The role of the Senior Technology Control Officer (TCO) is to assess the ICG technology units in the APAC countries and enforce compliance to Citi APAC and ICG risk and control framework and regulatory requirements.
The Senior TCO applies in-depth understanding of the business impact of technical contributions. Generally accountable for delivery of a full range of services to one or more businesses/ geographic regions. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication may be necessary.
Accountable for the end results of an area. Exercises control over resources, policy formulation and planning. Primarily affects a sub-function. Involved in short- to medium-term planning of actions and resources for own area. Full management responsibility of a team including management of people, budget and planning, to include performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Manage, implement and maintain a cohesive, effective, efficient, coordinated, and consolidated controls governance model in support of ICG Technology working closely with a dynamic business in a large and diverse environment.
- Drive the implementation of Global and APAC Risk and Control programs to ensure adherence to corporate policy, legal, and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate end to end Self-Control assessments process through the interaction of multiple levels of management as well as global risk and control teams. Facilitate the effective management of technology risk. Work with Technology managers to define and create Controls for their area. Monitor risk mitigation and oversight processes. Keep Senior Technology Leaders aware of control activities.
- Lead proactive risk assessment programs and review activities to maintain acceptable audit ratings for APAC technology units.
- Independently assess the effectiveness of controls and determine the potential impact of any control failures and corrective actions required.
- Assist the regional and in-country Technology units to identify Tech Risk and Control gaps/weaknesses and provide practical recommendations to improve the quality and effectiveness of the control environment.
- Monitor corrective actions and communicate to staff and management about status, dates and changes.
- Co-ordinate periodic reporting; analyze self-assessment and audit results; and assist in formulating effective remedial solutions.
- Lead and manage internal and external audits and regulatory examinations/inspections by acting as audit liaison / interface, as required.
- Provide counsel and advice on the interpretation of methodologies, policies and standards.
- Possess extensive experience in the application and integration of globally accepted technology standards and technology control solutions to identify opportunities for process improvement. Coordinate alignment of processes across regions, where possible.
- Schedule, host, and drive meetings with multiple levels of management, requiring strong communication, influence skills, and diplomacy.
- Manage one or more teams of Tech Controls Analysts for multiple IT functional areas.
- May coach/motivate staff; manage performance; make compensation decisions; ensure staff career development. Address training and development needs for assigned personnel.
- 12+ years relevant experience.
- Significant experience in Technology Risk is a must. Other risk and control disciplines would be a plus - credit, and market.
- Experience in Internal Audit or Financial Control would be desirable.
- Expertise in the following would be beneficial: Fraud Awareness and Risk Management.
- Operations and Systems (Information Security Standards, Vendor/ Outsourcing Management and Manager's Control Assessment (MCA) Legal and Regulatory Compliance Management of a global operations and a complex environment that includes global teams.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal & written.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .