Senior Technology Risk Officer - SCVentures
SC Ventures ("SCV") was established in March of 2018 with the purpose of "Rewiring the DNA in Banking" by bringing three distinct areas together:
The eXellerator labs, enabling innovation at large in the Bank by supporting:
Entrepreneurially-minded colleagues as "Intrapreneurs", developing ideas to products, services or new business models.
Collaboration with fintech companies, supported by the SC Ventures FintechBridge, Proof of Concept ("POC") framework and POC funding.
Client engagement on co-creation activities.
The Innovation Investment Fund ("Fund"), USD100m allocated to acquire minority stakes in fintech companies ("fintechs") whose technology has been successfully validated in the Group and is progressing to production (i.e., continuing use), subject to commercial due diligence.
Venture building, exploring new business models ("ventures"), with the objective of providing 'optionality' for the Group in the way it engages existing and new customers and markets. These adopt a start-up model, operating independently of the Group's existing businesses, funded in a venture capital fashion, and under a different governance and risk management framework.
There are c.65 team members (excluding individual ventures), including dedicated colleagues from the Group's support functions, based in Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Nairobi, London and San Francisco. Responsibilities Management of Operating and Digital Risk via:
• Development of overall Emerging and Foundational Technology Risk management approach integrated within the Group's broader risk and governance framework including Risk Appetite
• Support the development of Group's business strategy in respect of Emerging and Foundational Technology Risk.
• Implementation of the approach consistently within Group policies, standards and processes across segments, markets and products. Ensuring that business stakeholders understand and accept their responsibilities in relation to these risks.
• Management of relevant fora to ensure integrated, consistent and risk-based approach to management of Emerging and Foundational Technology Risk - including escalation of material risks as appropriate.
• Production of relevant reporting requirements on the portfolio of activities and risks and dissemination of relevant regulatory / market developments
• Provide subject matter expertise on Emerging and Foundational Technology Risk management to products, projects and client initiatives as appropriate
• Actively engage thought leaders within the market, development of subject matter resource and capacity for the Group in Emerging and Foundational Technology Risk risk management via training, resourcing and communications
• Second line of defence responsibilities for SC Ventures Responsible to support the second line of defence responsibilities related to risk management in SC Ventures which includes:
1. Support implementation and uplift of risk management framework across SC Ventures portfolio. This includes:
• SC Ventures risk frameworks and policies
• SC Ventures risk committees and fora
• SC Ventures operational risk management
• Review and challenge of risk maturity of ventures, investments and internal innovation initiatives
• Third line audit requirements
2. Undertake 2LOD review and challenge of a portfolio of individual ventures and investments:
• Review of business and risk management strategy
• Review of risk governance, policies and standards
• Review of risk profile, including processes for risk identification and reporting
• Endorsement of operational readiness for go-live
• Risk due diligence of prospective investments
3. Provide support and guidance to a portfolio of individual ventures where capacity gaps exist, while maintaining independence, for
• Development of venture specific risk management framework, policies and standards
• Development of venture risk profiles
• Coordination of Enablement Functions (Finance, HR, Technology etc) to ensure venture build meets applicable requirements and builds in control by design Processes
• Continuously enhance the OR framework and methodology, keeping abreast of external practises through research and participation in industry forums.
• Manage the end-to-end OR process, ensuring a strong understanding and discipline of implementation of OR across teams
• Take ownership and ensure that for all Second-Line accountabilities within the Operational Risk Type Framework, are being consistently delivered effectively and efficiently.
• Develop and implement a training to raise the overall skillsets of the function (both technical and soft skills); this to include development and execution of training interventions, e.g. report writing and soft skills
• Fully adhere to - and actively contribute to - all agreed governance (e.g. committees) and other routines (regular meetings, attendance at other forums) for the GORT or, where applicable and requested, that relate to the relevant COEs. Act as an advocate for the GORT, its objectives and best practice in Operational Risk management more broadly where opportunity arises.
• Adhere to such other process and governance requirements as requested by line management, from time to time. Skills & Qualifications
• Strong academic background
• Experience in emerging technology and/or technology in financial services
• Broad experience across diverse business models within banking and Fintech
• Strong experience and expertise in emerging and foundational technology risks (blockchain, cloud environments)
• Strong experience in Operational Risk and knowledge of other key risk types: Technology Risk, Cyber-security risk, Credit Risk)
• Knowledge of key regulatory and supervisory frameworks.
• Strong stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills
• Project management / PMO
• Creativity and appetite for continuous improvement
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.