- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 14 Nov 17
Senior Test Engineer
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.The QA Engineering team, part of the Wealth Management and Private Banking organization, are seeking a "Senior QA Developer" to develop test engineering capability for a technology agile transformation role based in Singapore. The candidate would be expected to perform hands on coding as part of a team of developers and business stakeholders.
The candidate should be a technologist with a passion for technology and development who possess broad and deep skills in multiple languages, primarily Java, and diverse core banking related technology stacks including Windows and Linux, networking, messaging, and database experience, and have excellent design and architecture skills. The candidate would have knowledge of DevOps, software testing and agile delivery practices as well as disciplined engineering practices.
The candidate will develop internal test automation capability for a portfolio of applications within the business unit, particularly aligned to the reuse and improvement of an in-house Cucumber based testing framework to create re-usable testing modules and automated testing suite integration with DevOps JIRA/Jenkins and performance testing toolchains.
The role will require engagement with a broad constituency across the business unit, dealing with teams in both development and testing who are at varying stages of technology maturity.
- Hands-on development
- Integrate with a team of developers with QA improvement focus
- Engage with existing testing and development teams across the bank.
- Engage with vendors and architects and align with strategic direction.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies in line with bank strategy.
- Keep current with new technical developments for potential use as solutions to requirements
- Work with teams to ensure solutions meet security and compliance bank and industry standards.
- Deliver high quality engineering solutions for the bank business needs
- Provide consultancy and advisory services to the business, systems development and QA for test automation and orchestration.
- Identify and recommend new technology that will add value to the organization in terms of performance and cost
- Undertake continuous improvement of the current Infrastructure
- Established software development professional with 6 or more years working in the related technology infrastructure development life-cycles, functional/code/performance testing, implementation, systems administration and support or engineering.
- Communicator with ability to influence direction and strategy of technology organization.
- Self-starter, capable of working without direction and able to deliver technical projects from scratch.
- Sound problem analysis and resolution abilities.
- Ability to write technology proposals and business recommendations would be considered an advantage.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 29/11/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.