Senior VP, Head of Platform Services, Group Infrastructure & Platform Services
Posting Date: 30-Oct-2020
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
- Be involed in the infrastructure and architectural planning, management and working closely with all the team members to build and established infrastructure Platform Operating Standards for the bank.
- Set guidelines, understand operation best practices and able to implement good corporate processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge and proven records in design and operation of PaaS and IaaS across multiple hosting technologies and cloud service providers with deep understanding of Infrastructure As Code for provisioning, monitoring, patching, logging and system administration all using code
- Be proactive self-orienting and self-monitoring leadership with ability to work with competing priorities
- Lead the engineering team in delivering platform and functional engineering capabilities that will drive the bank vision and strategy in area such as containerization, cloud adoption and Infrastructure as code
- Create and implement Engineering standards and best practices and processes to build a strong engineering team and culture across different technology team and business stake holders in delivering business demands
- Lead and support the development of infrastructure reference service architecture, system integration and infrastructure performance management practices
- Serve as the last line of support in providing all engineering and technical advices
• Setup guidelines, process to enhanced current work activity
• Performance Monitoring
• Maintain system security and compliance
• Configuration management
• Team leadership experience
• Manage projects and remediation efforts
• Work closely with client teams
• Report on environment metrics
• Work with management to create standardized processes and guidelines for the team
• Provide solid technical solutions and best practices when necessary Job Requirements
Be a part of UOB Family
- At least 10 years of experience with installing and implementing cloud technologies and relevant tech stacks that support cloud infrastructure
- Passion for automation standardization and best practices
- Hands-on experience in infrastructure provision tools such as Chef, VRA, VROps
- Experience in new technologies stack such as Kafka, Cloudera, Hive, NiFi and Spark
- Extensive experience in traditional database technologies such as Oracle, MariaDB, MS SQL
- Experience in using, configure, setup and maintain Kubernetes container management platform such as OpenShift and Pivotal
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to interact professionally
- Ability to manage a team of up to 8 highly skilled engineersProject management experience or a team lead on a large complex UNIX deployment.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.